I have already said that my son started talking early. Now (2 years 10 months) can even talk me over. And recently, I heard from him a couple of very very childlike words. Where did they come from him and what was the reason? I’ll try to figure it out today.
Source around us
In fact, there are a large number of sources of bad words, they are all around us.
My son went to kindergarten in September. And during this period, several times after the garden, I heard such adult bad words from him. On the question of where he heard them, he simply answered: So Kate spoke to Fields in the kindergarten.
Yesterday we walked on the playground, our age children were not. Roly sat on a swing and asked for a ride. Nearby played a company of children 7-8 years old. When I heard their way of communicating with each other, I was just in shock. Mat is more common than ordinary words. I made a remark, they seemed to be talking more cultured.
My son and I came home, and he asked what the word means, this word and this. I had the feeling that from the whole conversation of the children he only remembered the mat. Although I was sitting on a swing with a completely distant look, I thought that he did not even listen.
I am a lover of movies and all kinds of entertainment. But recently, my husband and I made a decision that we would not turn on the TV with our son at all. there is simply no censorship in many programs. Not only is there a sea of blood, there are also many strong expressions.
4) People living under the same roof
These can be parents, grandmothers, grandfathers, older sisters and brothers. In a fit of quarrels, disputes and other negative emotions, people often do not watch their speech. Therefore, the child hears words, the meaning of which he does not understand, but simply absorbs, like a sponge.
How to respond to them every parent must decide for themselves. Scold, ignore, try to explain what is bad? If older children are scolded for bad words or put in a corner, then this of course limits the number of words used, but for a very short time and only in your presence.
Why do kids want to swear?
Children in early preschool age unknowingly speak bad words. Those. they heard somewhere and immediately repeated. In my experience, parents, of course, should respond to them, but do not pay much attention to this. I told my son that in our family they do not use such words that it is bad. I do not give this event a conversation for half an hour. Rather, I tried to do so earlier, but after it he only repeated a word more often, testing my reaction.
Now I am saying that these words are not for our family, that this is not the accepted way for us and that’s all. And soon he forgets them.
But still there are reasons why this happens most often:
1) A peculiar way to attract attention.
2) The desire to be like someone, imitate someone.
3) The desire to hurt the one who hurt you. For example, in a quarrel.
4) Copying the behavior of the environment in which it falls. This can be a yard, kindergarten or school.
In order to eliminate bad words from the child’s vocabulary, it is necessary:
1) Show care, speak gentle and tender words. To this kind of communication was close to him, and no other.
2) Punish and ignore cannot be. If you do not pay attention to this behavior, the child will understand that this is the norm. And if you punish, you can aggravate the situation. Best of all, the child himself realized that this is bad.
3) Show by example. You do not have to say bad words with a child. If you allow yourself a strong word, then why should not the child. Try to avoid all quarrels with a child.
I try to adhere to the above rules. I tell the child how I would act in a particular situation, offensive to him, how I would answer, etc. He listens to me, and I praise him for it. Bad words, especially in older age, are a protest or a way to attract attention. Be alert, listen to your child.