This is my final topic about the standard tests that make children. In it I want to tell you what kinds of feces tests are, and how they can be understood.
The analysis of feces is not done as often as other tests (blood, urine). They make them:
1) if the child has problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
2) upon admission to children’s institutions;
3) in order to exclude any disease.
Analysis for the simplest
These analyzes pass when admitted to kindergarten, with suspicion of these very simplest. And also if the child should go to the hospital as planned.
How to collect the analysis? Earlier, I think many people remember how people brought tests in matchboxes. About this even have a scene from one of the comedians. Now with different cones and jars is not so difficult, so the pharmacies have special containers for collecting tests.
The feces are collected in a container with a special spatula or in a clean glass jar. Before you take him to the lab, he should be kept in the refrigerator. The analysis must be delivered to the laboratory within 24 hours.
When you get results, they indicate whether there are protozoa or not, and which protozoa are found.
1) Giardia. They are transmitted from person to person through dirty hands or dishes that have a pathogen. They live and breed in the gallbladder and small intestine. Symptoms for them are: nausea, diarrhea, weight loss.
2) Dysenteric amoeba. Symptoms: headache, weakness, diarrhea with mucus and blood impurities.
3) Balantides. These are pathogens that can cause colitis or even ulcerative bowel disease, depending on the severity.
Assay for pinworm eggs
This analysis is given when admission to kindergarten or if the child is suspected of pinworms. The main symptoms: itching in the anus, indigestion.
How to collect this analysis? It is taken in the morning, but the child does not need to be washed from the night. The health worker makes a cotton swab, and we have scraping tape in the hospital. The analysis form indicates whether pinworms are detected or not.
Analysis of feces for worms
This analysis is given when admission to kindergarten or if the child is suspected of having worms. The main symptoms are: indigestion, allergic reactions, enlargement of the spleen and liver.
How to collect the analysis? The feces are collected in a container with a special spatula or in a clean glass jar. Before you take him to the lab, he should be kept in the refrigerator. The analysis must be delivered to the laboratory within 24 hours.
When you get results, they indicate whether there are worms or not. Normally, of course, they should not be.
This study feces to identify any diseases or disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. With it, you can identify such violations:
1) the enzymatic function of the stomach;
2) the enzymatic function of the intestine;
3) enzymatic function of the pancreas;
4) the enzymatic function of the liver;
5) inflammatory processes in the digestive tract;
Norms for coprograms (older than 1 year)
1) Color – brown.
If there is a change in color (color changes, mucus, pus, blood), then this may indicate various diseases.
2) Smell – mild, fecal.
3) Muscle fibers – must be absent, a small amount is acceptable. If there are a lot of them, then this indicates enzymatic insufficiency of the pancreas.
4) Digestible fiber and starch – must be absent. If they are, then it indicates diseases of the small intestine.
5) Neutral fat is absent. If it is, then the pancreas does not cope with its responsibilities. And also bile secretion can be broken.
6) Leukocytes – must be absent. If there are a large number of them, then there is an inflammatory process in the intestines.
We encountered all of the above types of analysis, because were issued in kindergarten. And in the first year of life, we had problems with the digestion of food, so that we gave the coprogram somewhere once every 2-3 months. So I know about all these analyzes firsthand.