When my son was two years old, I was offered an interesting job. We had to arrange it in the garden. We did not get an ordinary municipal one, so for a whole year my child went to a private kindergarten. From this began his communication with our education system. To be honest, I anticipate that it will spoil us a lot of blood.
I must say, I am convinced that children should go to kindergarten from the age of 3, not earlier. But I had to choose: to accept work, which then seemed interesting to me, or to sit at home with the child for another year and look for some place afterwards. I stopped at the first option. Our whole family, not only the kid, had to get used to kindergarten.
In our small town of private gardens that meet all standards, the day with fire you will not find. We chose, as it seemed to me, more or less good. The main advantage is a large room, equipped with everything necessary, and a small group of children – a maximum of 10 people.
As we said to the garden
I read a lot of books about the adaptation of children, we went with the child to a psychologist. I wanted a specialist to assess his son’s readiness for kindergarten. I told my boy a lot about how cool it was to play with other children, that there were a lot of new toys in the group, and generally I tried, as I could, to add bright colors.
The first week I took my son for two hours. Gradually, time increased. After three weeks or even a month, he began to stay the whole day.
Of course, he cried when I left, and I stood and cried on the other side of the door. Although everyone told me that it was impossible, and since we decided to go to kindergarten at 2 years old, I myself need to calm down, because the child feels everything and my excitement is transmitted to him.
In a private garden, where there were not very many children, he rarely got sick. When, at the age of three, I went to an ordinary garden, we began a series of colds and colds. Now there are 30 people in our group. You can imagine how many viruses wandering in the room.
If your baby goes to kindergarten …
This is what I would advise to those parents who are only going to give the child to the garden.
1. Think well if he is ready for it. It was very sad to see in a group of one-year-old babies who still could not even walk and were sitting alone on a sofa with a nipple in their mouth.
2. Adjust the child to positive. And most importantly, tune yourself. For me it was the most difficult, to be honest. In my opinion, I experienced separation from my son even more than he did.
3. Tell the kid more about kindergarten so that he knows what awaits him. There are books for children for this, like Bunny goes to kindergarten.
4. Be sure to tell the child that you will come for him and take him from the kindergarten. He should know that mother will return, by all means.
5. Talk more with the teacher, tell us about the features of the child, what he likes, how he plays, what he eats. It is clear that the tutor can not give time to everyone in the group, but ask at least at the stage of getting used to be more attentive to your baby.
All good tutors and cozy kindergartens!