Many mummies face the problem of nutrition in children. The child refuses an appetizing porridge, spits out a meatball, and mom has a nervous breakdown. Want to know how to persuade a child to eat?
In my family I faced this problem when I started feeding children from 6-7 months. They all spat out, crooked, did not want to eat. But I – stubborn mother, I had to go on tricks.
My secrets of baby feeding
When the children became older and took the spoons themselves, I began to decorate their dishes. On the semolina porridge I drew raspberry jam of robots, the sun, cars and flowers. They gladly ate the sweet legs of the beetles, not noticing how the semolina disappears from the plate.
Oatmeal, I poured condensed milk and poured raisins. They loved to choose precious stones from the sandy depths of oatmeal.
When the children grew up, they themselves began to express their gastronomic interests.
I already know that you will not crush buckwheat into your son, but he eats rice with pleasure.
But in order not to adapt to each child (due to my lack of time, I cannot prepare everyone individually), I came up with a system of sauces. Some people like tomato-based sauces, others like cream, but the food is the same – for example, rice porridge.
I can reduce all my experiments with baby feeding to the following:
1. Make a masterpiece of the dish. Any child will like a face made from jam or the sun from sausages. An interesting presentation of food will distract your child from his taste and you will be able to feed your child not only healthy, but also beautiful food.
2. The child must have a choice. Do not force him to use something that causes his appetite to deteriorate. Your tastes do not always coincide with children. Try to offer your child a few dishes to choose from. Give your child freedom in his eating habits.
3. You can agree with the child on the promotion. Let a small prize on your part cause the child to empty the plate. It is pleasant for a child to fight for something, and the struggle with porridge is his first victory.
4. Try the good old method: For mom. for dad. for the grandmother. You can recall all households, cats, neighbors, friends. That look, from a porridge will not remain also a trace.
5. Do not force children. Let your motto be: The child must not feed, and try not to overfeed!
Food should be a pleasant process, not a punishment for children.
How do you make your children eat?