Pregnancy and trouble with the digestive tract
Some women claim that they have never felt so good themselves, as during pregnancy. But such, unfortunately not much. For most, pregnancy is still a difficult test.
Consider the most common troubles from the gastrointestinal system, with whom it is necessary to face future mothers.
Most women think that nausea should accompany pregnancy for the entire first trimester. In fact, only 50% of future mothers face this problem. Nausea and vomiting for the whole pregnancy can not visit a woman once (toxicosis can come in other guises).
Most often it appears after the third week and passes closer to the 4th month of pregnancy. It is characterized by the appearance in the morning on an empty stomach, and the disappearance, in most cases, after eating. Rarely does she accompany a pregnant woman before lunch, sometimes all day.
– most often nausea and vomiting occur with an empty stomach, which is associated with a delay in the evacuation of toxins from the stomach, try not to feel hungry about yourself, eat often, in small portions;
- if there is such an opportunity, breakfast is better than reclining, in bed, right after eating, it’s better to lie down for about fifteen minutes, and only then start doing the usual things;
- To neutralize toxins for breakfast, it is best to eat dairy products, meat, eggs, i.e. those foods that are rich in animal proteins;
- it is desirable to exclude from the food difficult digestible fats, heavy fiber (cauliflower, mushrooms);
- give preference to solid food, use liquid one time a day, during lunch;
- mineral water without gases or medium-sized, can reduce the manifestations of toxicosis, but it is not worth using, it can increase appetite, and the salts contained in it can lead to edema.
Nausea in the first trimester of pregnancy develops as a variant of the norm. The main thing is that against her background vomiting happens not more often 3-5 times a day. If the above methods do not allow you to cope with nausea, and vomiting appears more often 5 times a day – you need to seek help.
In some pregnant women, nausea and vomiting are resumed in the third trimester of pregnancy, but they are unobtrusive and do not interfere with the general well-being of the pregnant woman.
The condition occurs less often than nausea, but it brings no less inconveniences to the pregnant woman. Saliva can form a day to one liter and even more. Satisfactory explanation of pauperism (this is the name of this state) is still not there. Fortunately, it is not often, but it is worth mentioning that women understand what is happening to them. They have to constantly swallow or spit saliva, so they should know that this is not a pathology. In this situation, advice is one – to be patient, excessive salivation ceases by the 5th month of gestation.
In the development of these conditions, the lethargy of the muscles of the digestive system is guilty. The hormone progesterone, which reduces the contractile function of the uterus, to maintain pregnancy, has no selective effect and simultaneously calms the intestines, stomach, gallbladder.
To ease the condition of a pregnant woman, it is sometimes sufficient to follow the following simple recommendations:
- it is necessary to reduce the amount consumed during one meal;
- limit the use of high-calorie, as well as acidic foods; to minimize the intake of products that contribute to fermentation - various types of cabbage, beans, including. Asparagus, food prepared on animal fats;
- preference for giving easily digested food, restricting sauces;
- to eat fractional, often (5-6 times a day);
- Avoid postures that increase intra-abdominal pressure (inclination forward, position on the back);
- Raise the head end of the bed, for this at home you can use several pillows.
In the absence of effect, pharmacies can be taken, but only after consulting a doctor.
We hope, our advice will help to reduce the unpleasant feelings that have arisen during pregnancy to a minimum, and enjoy your state without them.
Changes in sleep and mood during pregnancy
Thrush during pregnancy