In anticipation of the birth of a child, each woman must be familiarized with the sizes and types of money payments due to her. In 2015, future mothers are offered several options for financial assistance.
One of them is a maternity allowance or “maternity” payments.
Categories of recipients of financial benefits provided for in the law
According to Federal Law No. 81, the following categories of mothers can be eligible for benefits:
- officially employed;
- recognized as unemployed in connection with the reorganization or liquidation of the enterprise;
- who are on full-time education;
- Russian citizens performing military duties in accordance with the contract signed by them;
- adoptive parents of the child related to any of the above categories.
It is worth considering that “maternity” money is given only by the mother in childbirth. They can not be claimed by close relatives who are on leave to care for the child (father, grandmother or others).
In addition, a woman is entitled to only one of the following options for financial assistance: maternity benefit, topical in 2015, or cash accrual for childcare.
Basic conditions for receiving one-time financial assistance to mothers
Granting of the grant on pregnancy and the subsequent sorts is carried out on a place of your basic work. If the future mother works for 2 companies (under the part-time agreement), she is free to determine on her own which of the employers it is easiest for her to receive financial assistance.
The calculation takes into account the total wages at both enterprises.
Those who are in military service receive a one-time pregnancy allowance at the place of their service, and female students in the educational institution.
Future mothers who fall under the reduction receive the payments due to them through the Employment Center, from the regional Office of Social Protection of Citizens. The main condition for providing such assistance is the appropriation of the official status of the unemployed.
In 2015, expectant mothers who visit their doctor and are registered before the 12th week of pregnancy can receive early pregnancy benefits. For this it is necessary to prepare and send to the Social Services Fund the following documents (copies and originals):
- the document proving the identity;
- a certificate confirming the fact of registering for pregnancy (during the first 12 weeks);
- application for maternity benefits;
- an extract from the work record book, notarized;
- certificate of assignment of unemployed status. It is provided in case of dismissal of the future mother from the last place of work. This document is submitted to the district Employment Center, located at the place of residence of the future mother;
- a certificate issued by the district social protection office to confirm that payment of maternity benefits has not yet been made.