Pregnancy and headaches
Whether a woman will have a headache during pregnancy or not depends on various factors. But, even without being a clairvoyant, we can say that, most likely, the future mommy will face a headache during pregnancy.
Even if the pain syndrome is not very strong and prolonged, but still for 9 months, it will at least once occur. After all, there are a lot of prerequisites for the appearance of a headache. And among them, even the pregnancy itself.
Do not believe me? Now you will see for yourself!
The earliest reasons for the appearance of a headache during pregnancy are hormonal changes. In the first trimester, progesterone production increases. And one of their side effects of this hormone is the dilatation of blood vessels.
Because of it, blood pressure drops and oxygen supply to the brain decreases. And that is why the head of women who are preparing to become mothers hurts.
Often, such a headache occurs when the future mother does not know about her interesting situation. But it also happens on the contrary – in women who with enviable persistence suffer from migraines, the headache during pregnancy passes.
Here, as luck would have it.
But not only in the early stages may appear pain syndrome. Quite often, women begin to have a headache in the second half of the period of bearing a child.
The most common cause is her high blood pressure, which is one of the signs of gestosis.
There are other causes of headache during pregnancy. But they with an interesting position of the woman are practically not connected and can cause a painful syndrome absolutely at any person.
But you need to know about them. Therefore, here is the list because of what the headache may appear during pregnancy:
- Lack of oxygen. Long stay in an unventilated room can cause a headache. In particular, if there are sharp smells in the room, for example, cigarette smoke or a strong fragrance of perfume;
- Hunger and malnutrition. Reduced blood sugar also provokes the appearance of a headache. And its intensity can be even very significant. But if you eat often and in small portions, such a headache during pregnancy can be avoided;
- Inconvenient posture during sitting or disturbing posture. With an uncomfortable pose, whether while sitting at a computer or standing in line, the blood supply to the brain may be impaired. Because of this, there is a shortage of oxygen and, as a consequence, pain;
- Prolonged concentration on something. This headache is called pain of tension. It arises from the painstaking monotonous work, which requires close attention, long watching TV and computer games lasting more than 30 minutes;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases. Many diseases of internal organs and systems can be accompanied by sufficiently severe headaches. In particular, diseases of the cardiovascular system and the musculoskeletal system;
- Colds. In addition to fever, cough and sore throat during pregnancy, ARI and ARVI are often accompanied by a headache;
- Blood pressure jumps. As a rule, hypertension and hypotension are accompanied by a headache. But the head of future mothers is especially bad for it because of sudden changes in pressure. And some ladies because of such jumps feel the throbbing headache during pregnancy;
- Stress, strong feelings or emotional exhaustion. Too violent positive or negative emotions can cause a headache;
- Weather changes. Unfortunately, most often meteosensitivity first occurs in women precisely during pregnancy. After childbirth, it can pass, and may continue to be a headache in weather changes;
- Refusal from pernicious predilections. Many women, after learning about their interesting situation, refuse to smoke and drink hot drinks. But the body reacts to the lack of nicotine and alcohol headache. Such breakdown, as a rule, lasts no more than a week;
- Dehydration of the body. Insufficient volume of liquid drunk a day can also provoke the appearance of a headache;
- Excess weight. Unfortunately, obesity contributes to the occurrence of regular headaches. And to bear a child a woman with excess weight is difficult. Therefore, one should lose weight before pregnancy, and during the expectation of the offspring one should carefully monitor the weight gain;
- Nedosyp and peresyp. Non-compliance with the regime of the day, night wakefulness, or, conversely, increased daytime sleep also adversely affect the health status. In particular, the head hurts.