Genetic analysis during pregnancy
The health of the baby’s future depends on the health of his parents. But, unfortunately, many diseases that are not manifested in any way in the father and mother, can the child blossom in full bloom. These are genetic diseases, that is, inherited.
And only genetic tests during pregnancy will allow to calculate such risks and take the necessary actions to protect the baby.
It would seem, how easy it is to monitor the health of the nation. But, unfortunately, the genetic examination of parents and fetus on the territory of our country is not yet universally widespread and compulsory practice, and therefore now we will understand when, how and why it is necessary to go to a consultation with a geneticist and take the appropriate tests.
Who needs a consultation with a geneticist?
Consultation of a geneticist is absolutely necessary for all couples who dream of having a healthy offspring. However, it is most important to visit a doctor for those who are at risk:
- the age of the expectant mother is more than 35 years;
- age of the future father over 40 years;
- parents whose family has a child born with chromosomal pathologies or malformations;
- future parents visited under the influence of radiation, consumed alcohol, narcotic substances;
- a future mother who has undergone a serious infectious or viral illness during pregnancy;
- future parents or grandparents, as well as their closest siblings suffer hereditary diseases.