Diarrhea at an early age in a pregnant woman: causes affecting the condition of the body, therapy and prevention
Disorders of the intestine are one of the many health problems a woman faces when she is pregnant. Diarrhea during pregnancy in the early stages is manifested as a sign of the restructuring of the body. But there is a chance that diarrhea will carry a danger to the health of the future mother and her only developing baby.
Diarrhea in the early stages of pregnancy before the delay of menstruation occurs because of the first stage of the restructuring of the body, accompanied by toxicosis and exacerbation of all sensations. A woman before birth needs about 9 months to nurture an organism that has a completely different genetics and should normally be considered an invader.
To ensure that the immune system does not try to destroy the fetus, in the early stages of pregnancy hormones that suppress its work are produced. Against this background, chronic diseases and bacteria are activated, which are suppressed by the intestinal protective system. Diarrhea in this case is quite normal reaction of the body to hormonal reorganization.
Diarrhea in pregnancy is not a harmless symptom. It is important to monitor your health in the early stages of childbearing and in time to seek the help of female clinicians.
Frequent diarrhea not only causes a lot of inconvenience. It can carry a serious threat to the health of women, especially in the early stages of pregnancy. There are 3 main factors, because of which you should not disdain to treat diarrhea:
- A companion of diarrhea is dehydration. Because of the large loss of water and the nutrients and mineral salts dissolved in it, the body is rapidly weakening. The fetus is fasting during this period of time, which leads to serious developmental defects in the future.
- Bacteria, viruses and parasites are dangerous not only for the mother's intestines. They affect the body as a whole and lead to intoxication of the fetus. This is one of the reasons for the termination of pregnancy early on. The increase in temperature, which is accompanied by inflammation during illness, can also harm the fetus.
- Intensification of intestinal motility for a long time provokes contractions of the uterus. A possible result of inattention to diarrhea will be miscarriage.
- do not be nervous;
- follow the doctor's instructions on the diet and medication;
- To monitor your diet, avoiding drastic changes in the quantity and quality of food;
- remember the rules of hygiene and carefully prepare food so that no infection harms the health of the baby and his mother.
Do not forget that many herbs can be toxic to the baby. Therefore, the use of methods of alternative medicine should be agreed with a specialist.
Given the list of the main causes of diarrhea in the early stages of gestation, you can make a list of 4 rules that prevent problems with stools:
Unfortunately, even compliance with these rules will not help to protect yourself completely from diarrhea in the early stages. But the chances of diarrhea in a pregnant woman will decrease many times.
Author: Zhanna Tebenkova