Than to treat a conjunctivitis at the child at different forms of an inflammation: we select preparations and national agents
Conjunctivitis in children is a common pathology that can develop from the first days of a baby’s life. Often, inflammation is masked for other diseases of the eye and in the absence of timely treatment can lead to complications. Consider how to recognize and eliminate unpleasant symptoms in a newborn.
Inflammation of the outer shell of the eye (conjunctiva) can have a different character:
- infectious – bacterial, viral;
- non-infectious – manifested as allergic reactions, often seasonally.
Conjunctivitis in the baby can have any etiology. That is why for treatment it is necessary to consult a doctor without harm to the eye of the baby and save him from unpleasant and painful sensations.
Regardless of origin, conjunctivitis is always the same, the difference is noted only in some detail.
This type of conjunctivitis in newborn infrequent, because they constantly rub their hands face. If dirt enters the eyes, active purulent inflammation begins to develop, infection is possible due to foreign matter – dust, mote. The pathological process in infants is manifested by several acute symptoms:
- presence of a purulent discharge from the eyes;
- coalescence of the eyelids, especially after sleep;
- burning and itching, because of which the child cries and continues to reach out to the eyes to reduce pain;
- redness of the conjunctiva and eyelids;
- edema, which can spread to the cheeks;
- possibly a rise in body temperature;
- drowsiness, lethargy, weakness.
The disease is a danger for premature babies or children with weakened immunity. Therefore, the main way to prevent conjunctivitis - hardening of the baby and his healthy lifestyle. The following recommendations should be observed:
- Keep an eye on the purity of the hands of those who care for the baby.
- For hygienic procedures, use only boiled water in the first month of the baby's life, especially for washing.
- Pregnant women beforehand to eliminate infections of the genital tract, so as not to infect the child during childbirth.
- Limit communication with sick children.
- If you are addicted to allergies, avoid contact with possible provocative substances, if necessary, use antihistamines (after consultation with your doctor).
- Since one of the ways of getting the infection into the body of a child is suspended matter in the air, regular wet cleaning of the premises in which the baby is located should be carried out regularly. It is advisable to install an air cleaner with humidification function.
If you can not avoid the disease, do not worry: with timely measures it quickly and unproblematically recedes.