Coffee in Pregnancy: Pros and Cons
Coffee is an amazing energy drink, without which no modern woman can imagine her life. But after learning about a small miracle that is about to appear in the white world, every future mother is asked a bunch of questions, the most common of which is: Is it possible to drink coffee during pregnancy? .
Of course, the use of the usual amount of coffee in the period of bearing a child can hurt both mom and baby. Therefore, if a pregnant woman is an avid lover of an energy drink, then it is worth reducing the daily intake rate to one cup.
The benefits are as follows:
- The main advantage of a drink is its ability to give a person the missing life energy. This is due to the component contained in it – caffeine, which invigorates the nervous system.
- Unexpected plus is the prevention of tooth decay.
- Has a positive effect on female beauty and youth, thanks to the possession of antioxidants.
- A charming aroma soothes and fills with positive emotions.
- A life-giving drink should not be consumed by pregnant women, who already often suffer from increased blood pressure.
- Caffeine has a diuretic effect, which doubles the frequent urge of the pregnant woman to go to the toilet.
- Growing in the womb, the body takes all the necessary vitamins and minerals from its mother’s stores, including calcium. Drinking a drink helps to wash out this element, which can lead to undesirable consequences.
- It is not recommended for toxicosis, severe headaches, vomiting.
- It has a negative impact on the baby: it breaks the heart rhythm, the nervous system, the development of the skeleton. A large dose of caffeine per day contributes to miscarriage or premature birth.