Can I get pregnant with a spiral and which signs
Intrauterine spiral (IUD) is recognized as one of the most effective ways to protect against unwanted conception. Most women actively use this method of contraception.
The mechanism of action of any kind of spiral consists of two fundamental functions:
- exclusion of the possibility of joining a fertilized egg to the uterine mucosa;
- prevention of the functioning of spermatozoa.
This result is achieved due to the fact that the body contains a liquid formed as a result of an insignificant inflammation process due to the presence of a foreign body. Therefore, the process of action of the Navy is quite simple, but rather effective. In modern types of spirals contain hormones, because of the functioning of which conception can not be realized. The duration of this contraceptive is usually 5 years.
Thoughts about whether you can get pregnant with a spiral, often enough to visit the fairer sex.
Now in medical practice use the four most popular varieties of the Navy.
- With a copper shell. Has an acceptable price and a long period of operation. But when using such a contraceptive may manifest allergic reactions.
- With the content of gold or silver. Has anti-inflammatory effect, does not cause allergic manifestations, it is possible to use a long period. The given Navy is quite expensive.
- Progesterone-releasing system. It is a spiral that has in its composition a progesterone synthesized by the type of female sex hormone. It stops the development of all genitourinary diseases, is realized at an affordable price. This variant of the contraceptive is characterized by a short period of action.
- Levonorgestrel-releasing system. The newest drug that protects against unwanted pregnancy. It is characterized by a therapeutic effect and a long period of use. Mostly it is advised to women over the age of 35 with gynecological diseases. The price of this IUD is very high.
However, the question is how much realistic is it to bear and give birth to a healthy child with a spiral? From the practice of foreign medicine it is known that even if the woman's body has not already rejected the already fertilized egg, then with the established spiral the birth of healthy babies is possible.
If pregnancy is not detected at the initial time, miscarriage may occur in 50% of cases, and if the spiral is withdrawn - in 25%. A woman who wishes to leave the baby should visit the doctor as soon as possible to get rid of the spiral.
Under no circumstances can you independently remove or insert the IUD. Such actions are carried out directly by the gynecologist.
If there are unforeseen complications during the extraction of the spiral, most likely the expert will recommend abortion.
In the event that, in connection with any factors, the spiral remains in the girl's body, then in the situation of successful childbearing up to four months without sexual infections, the fetus will be rejected and she will be in the uterus before the onset of labor. When they occur, the IUD will come out together with the fetal membranes.
In conclusion, it can be concluded that there is a probability of getting pregnant with a spiral, so you should take your health seriously and constantly see a doctor. And also, you should know that this type of contraception can not protect a woman from various infections that can cause a rejection of the IUD.