Epilation during pregnancy: safe ways of performing the procedure during the period of gestation
During the waiting period for the child, many women experience severe discomfort due to increased intensity of hair growth in undesirable areas. Care for appearance and beauty is complicated by the constantly growing abdomen, making it difficult to carry out the usual hygienic procedures, and the fear of harming the health of the future baby. Let’s consider, whether it is possible to do or make an epilation during pregnancy, and what way of disposal of hair it is necessary to prefer.
Under the influence of hormones, dark and thick hairs can appear in the most unexpected places: above the upper lip, near the temples, chin, on the stomach and hands. Approximately in half a year after sorts or endings the endocrine system will come to norm or rate, and unpleasant signs will cease to disturb.
In anticipation of a natural disposal of hormonal effects, it is not necessary to neglect the removal of unwanted vegetation. Epilation during pregnancy is a necessary and safe procedure, which can be safely carried out both in the cosmetology salon and at home.
Vegetation is removed by special tweezers or thread at home or in a beauty salon. The method is absolutely safe for pregnant women. It is performed without the use of chemical compounds and does not involve surgical manipulation. This method is suitable for getting rid of hairs around the halo of the nipples and on the face.
The procedure is not recommended for early implementation. The essence of the method is the destruction of the bulb and the hair shaft under the influence of light. There are three types of photoepilation:
- IPL - the treated area is exposed to a series of high-frequency light pulses through a lamp. First, a special gel is applied to the skin. The specialist, having studied the structure of the hairs, selects the strength and frequency of the impulses. This method removes dark hard hair. Red and light, and also gray are capable to absorb and reflect light of a lamp at the expense of other structure. You can not remove them using the IPL method.
- ELOS - the light of the lamp affects light, gray and red hair, destroying their structure. The epidermis is not overheated, and the risk of burns is reduced to a minimum. Also, as in the first case, the epilated area is treated with a special gel, which is a conductor of light. Thanks to him, hair removal is painless.
- LHE is the treatment of dry skin. Lamps are used that can capture a large area of the epidermis. This reduces the time for manipulation.
Another point, which is worth paying attention to - the state of health. Epilation during pregnancy has its contraindications:
- Diabetes. When the disease, any damage for a very long time does not heal, because of what the epidermis can become inflamed. This is dangerous, especially if you touch the zones of the bikini and abdomen.
- Wounds and scars. Any violation of the integrity of the treated areas of the skin will increase pain and increase the risk of complications.
- Tumors. The presence of any neoplasms is an excuse to refuse any manipulation in this zone. Any exposure can cause a deterioration in the state of health during pregnancy.
- Herpes. Skin viral infection is difficult to treat, especially in women in an interesting situation. Additional skin irritations only aggravate the situation.
- Allergy. When hypersensitivity to the chemical components of creams and gels, we must abandon the use of the most simple and painless methods.
With a lower pain threshold and hypertension, the use of a razor is also recommended, especially in the first trimester. Later such a problem is usually absent, except for specific situations when a woman needs to lie down for preservation. But there is another unpleasant complication - pigmentation of the skin after such an effect.