Cameton in Pregnancy
During pregnancy the body of a woman feels an incredible load, because besides himself, he must protect the future baby, and support it in growth and development. In this regard, the probability of acute respiratory diseases is greatly increased. And immediately the question is ripening – what can be treated so as not to harm the fetus? Is the drug Cameton in pregnancy?
The drug is produced in the form of an aerosol, which contains such components:
- camphor oil – accelerates blood flow, has disinfecting properties. Given this fact, during pregnancy is used with caution;
- menthol – not recommended in the first trimester of pregnancy. Has a weak analgesic effect;
- Chlorobutanol has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects;
- eucalyptus oil – a local antimicrobial agent, undesired use in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- Vaseline connects all of the above. It is forbidden to use alone during pregnancy, as it can lead to a reduction in the uterus.
Each bottle with Kametn is equipped with a nebulizer, which makes it possible not to worry about the possibility of an overdose, and also greatly simplifies the use of the drug. The drug is used topically, it contains no chemicals, so doctors often recommend Cameton in pregnancy.
Therapy Cameton in the 2nd trimester without harm to the baby is better to spend in the second half of the term. In the first part of this trimester, it is recommended to protect the future mother's body from the effects of medications. In the second half of the 2nd trimester and throughout the 3rd trimester, treatment is carried out without special restrictions.
Side effects in the treatment with Cameton occur in less than 10% of patients who have used it. According to statistics, pregnant women perfectly perceive the treatment with this drug.
In some cases, allergic manifestations were observed: rash, itching, light tingling. This is due to menthol and quickly, it goes by itself. If the allergy is severe, in the form of suffocation, then immediately it is necessary to consult a doctor to avoid serious consequences.
Despite the fact that according to the instructions to the drug, Cameton is allowed to use during pregnancy, it is not recommended to use it without strict medical supervision. Otherwise, it is likely to harm the health of the unborn child.
Author: Burlaka Tatiana
2017 copy; All rights reserved. .