4th month of pregnancy: features of child development, abdomen size, changes in the body of a woman
The fourth month of pregnancy is the beginning of the second trimester. For most women this is a happy and pleasant period: all the unpleasant symptoms of toxicosis have gone away or become much weaker, the load on the mother’s body is not yet great, but it is already possible to feel the first tremors of a growing baby. As before, the future mother needs to closely monitor their health, eat fully, rest and walk in the fresh air. Let’s talk about other features of this period.
The baby develops in the fourth month and grows at an accelerated rate. By the 13th week, the formation of the most important internal organs of the fetus is almost complete. His bones become noticeably harder, they are saturated with calcium. Marigolds already have marigolds. The growth of the baby in the womb is approximately 95-105 mm.
At the 14-15 week of pregnancy the following changes occur:
- The child begins at this time to make their first movements with handles and legs, so the mother for the first time in 4 months of pregnancy can feel the tremors, although all individually, and someone feels them only in the next month. On the 15th week these movements of the baby will become more frequent and sharp.
- During this period the child clenching his fists, he has a sucking and grasping reflexes. During ultrasound, sometimes you can see how he sucks his fingers.
- Fetal skin remains still very thin, through it all the vessels are visible. The surface of the body begins to become covered with gun hairs, before the onset of labor in most cases, they drop out, and the baby appears without them, and hair forms on the surface of the head.
- The kid at this time can frown , and closer to the next month his eyes will open slightly.
- Boys form the prostate , and in girls – there are ovaries, in which the smell of future eggs for life has been laid. However, at this time, it is not always possible to determine the sex of the baby with ultrasound.
The future mother should properly organize her diet: the foods must meet the growing needs of the pregnant and fetus in nutritional elements, but not be too high in calories. For the fourth month, the weight gain should not exceed 2.5 kg.
There should be enough often, not allowing the occurrence of a feeling of hunger, but portions can not be made large. The bulk of the food should be consumed in the morning. The most nutritious food should be for lunch, the first and second breakfast should be very nutritious, and in the evening you should eat foods that are easily digested. The use of fruits and vegetables throughout the day is almost unlimited (do not just get carried away by citrus fruits, potatoes and cabbage).
Fast food, pickled, smoked products, as well as confectionery delicacies and sweets are for a future mother under strict prohibition. You should use less salt, as it helps to delay excessive amounts of fluid, which eventually leads to swelling.
The menu of the future mummy must include:
- Milk and cottage cheese - will allow you to get enough calcium;
- Fish and lean meats are the main suppliers of protein;
- vegetables and fruits - promote normal digestion, and also contain many useful elements and vitamins;
- beef liver, dried apricots and pomegranates - will become additional sources of iron.
- cereals and whole grain bread.