21 weeks of pregnancy: what happens to the baby and mom
21 midwifery pregnancy week is half the total waiting time for the baby. In this article, we will talk about how the child develops, what the mother feels and how to correctly think of the perturbations.
21 weeks of pregnancy; development of the fetus, photo, how the baby develops and feels
The skin of the future baby this week becomes more dense and smooth, acquires a natural shade. He grew up up to 26 cm, weighs about 370 g, which corresponds to the size of the coconut, or a large grapefruit.
The diameter of the child’s head is 49.9 mm, tummy – 50.5 mm, chest; 50 mm.
What changes occur with the baby at week 21:
- The correct outlines of the lips are formed.
- Eyebrows and cilia were formed, but they are still colorless.
- At the tips of the fingers formed curls, which later become unique fingerprints.
- The spleen begins its work.
- Continues to accumulate subcutaneous fat.
- The legs became much longer.
- Taste papillae in the tongue can determine the taste of amniotic fluid.
- The stomach begins to separate the water sugar, and other nutrients from the amniotic fluid.