11th week of pregnancy: what happens to the baby and mom
11 midwifery pregnancy week is the beginning of the third month. At this time, many women feel pleasant changes in the body. The article will deal with the peculiarities of the 11th week – recommendations of doctors and answers to the most frequent questions about pregnancy.
11 weeks of pregnancy; development of the fetus, photo, how does the baby develop and feel?
At week 11, the baby weighs 8-10 grams, its size 45-60 mm. By volume it can be compared with apricot.
He is actively moving, but the movements are not yet coordinated.
The baby opens his mouth and wrinkles his lips, his nose and ears are already clearly visible.
What has formed, what is happening, what does the baby look like in the midweek 11 weeks?
By this time the child has formed two reflexes:
- Swallowing – he is able to swallow a small amount of amniotic fluid.
- Prehensile – now the baby can hold on to the umbilical cord.
The skeleton still has a cartilaginous structure, but begins to harden gradually, turning into bone tissue. Therefore, it is very important for mother to provide the body with calcium.
The child has almost developed vocal cords. The membranes on the toes disappear. The first fingerprints appear.
Also on the chest can appear small papillomas. They look like slightly pointed growths. It ; is also absolutely normal.
The size of the tummy has already changed, but these changes are still very slight.
Some women may have a dark streak on their stomach. Hormones are to blame for this. After the baby is born, this phenomenon will disappear.
What can and can not a woman at 11 weeks of pregnancy?
All pregnant, regardless of the period, you need to adhere to certain rules.
Of course, these rules should be justified, and not contradict common sense.
- Take medication without consulting a doctor. Some of them can cause irreparable harm to the child.
- Exhaust yourself with physical exercises. Raise heavy objects, lead a too active lifestyle. Sharp falls can be especially dangerous.
- Contact with harmful chemicals. This includes household chemicals, nicotine, narcotic substances, as well as harmful impurities contained in food. To avoid the temptation to eat delicious, but harmful food, mom should remember that now her child as a sponge absorbs everything that comes into her body. What the mother feeds during pregnancy, forms the future foundation of the baby's health.
- In the event that pregnancy occurs with complications, long trips and climate change should be avoided in the first trimester.
- Beware of long hot baths, steam rooms, saunas. Do not sunbathe in the scorching sun.
- You can not neglect your own well-being. If a woman feels excessive fatigue, irritability, apathy, on this account, you should always consult a doctor. It is possible that this is due to a lack of vitamins.
- Constant stress badly affects the course of pregnancy. Of course, to spend 9 months in absolute calm will not work. The main thing - do not get hung up on the negative, but try to protect yourself from communicating with unpleasant people.