If in doubt – go or not go, the answer is quite clear – go! And even more so if you have your first child or you are very afraid! If you went and did not give you anything – it means that you have chosen the wrong course!
I went to the courses, and before I went, I made a strict selection. Bottom line: gave birth to a baby in 4.5 hours per 3040 kg. It was very, very painful for about 30-40 minutes. But more about that later.
The fact that the courses need to go – I decided long before the pregnancy. Studying information on the Internet about the process of birth – it meant even more to intimidate and confuse yourself. Therefore, the first thing I began to interview all of my friends who gave birth to girls – who went where and who liked what.
1. A training school should exist for several years and have in its arsenal more than a dozen trained mummies.
2. It is desirable that the teacher was a person with a psychological education. Such a specialist will not only tell you what and how, but also give the right attitude, which is extremely important. Yes, and the material will be selected so that dispel all your fears.
3. Very well, if the teacher acted as an assistant in childbirth. Both to children and clients. That is, there is an invaluable piggy bank of actions and methods in a real situation.
4. Availability of practical training. It is one thing to do something at home and another thing under the close supervision of a professional.
It is best to start the courses after 25 weeks. And to be more precise, after your baby starts kicking and you will understand what his pushes mean.
What should you know at the end of the course?
1. The birth process itself. All his periods.
2. Your actions in each of the periods.
3. All types of breathing.
4. All kinds of generic poses.
5. Effective ways to deal with pain.
6. What you need to do to open the cervix, and what you can not do.
7. What happens after the birth of the child.
8. How to choose the maternity hospital and doctor.
9. What to do with a newborn in the first days of his life.
10. How to adjust breastfeeding.
In fact, I have listed only the most important questions. On good courses of knowledge give many times more. Pay attention to what is good! How to find them? Maybe the same as me, ask around with friends. You can search on the Internet, but reviews should be from mothers who have already given birth.
The courses helped me more than the doctors. I gave birth to a contract, but the doctor did not give me any advice. However, I did not need them. By the way, the medical staff was even a bit shocked by how quickly the disclosure occurred. They came to me just to check, but it turned out that it was time to prepare the family table.