This topic has been worrying me for a long time. My friends, one by one, acquired children, and I noticed that some of them returned to the form very quickly, while others, on the contrary, were getting better. Why? All because of heredity? I can not fully agree with this. Of course, 40 percent, it has its effect. But the remaining 60% in our power. How to properly dispose of them and do everything possible to make you look amazing after giving birth? This is what I want to tell you.
Today you can find a huge number of books on this topic. But I’ll say right away that a universal recipe that would help everyone without exception has not yet been invented. And it is unlikely to ever invent it. I want to share with you my own experience of recovery after childbirth.
Where do we start?
Oddly enough it sounds, but to prepare for recovery from childbirth is necessary long before the pregnancy. And the sooner you start, the better.
We strengthen the abdominal muscles. All of you, of course, remember the physical education classes at school. Do you remember what the teacher said when you passed the standards for lifting the body? I do not know about you, but at my school the teacher constantly repeated that such exercises would be very useful for girls later. And he was absolutely right. Having started to be actively engaged at the age of twelve, I developed a strong abdominals, which was very useful to me during pregnancy and helped me recover faster after childbirth.
We care for the skin. Lotions, tonics, special cream, massage – all these pleasant things tone up our skin and tighten it. And this skin is more elastic and less amenable to stretching.
And, of course, eat right.
What do we do during pregnancy?
We lead an active lifestyle. Pregnancy is not a reason to lie in bed for days. We walk, we go with friends to nature, we go to museums and shops. And pleasure, and physical activity.
We do special exercises. I found a set of exercises on the Internet and performed them every morning. Thanks to this, I had fewer problems with leg edema, managed to avoid varicose veins and other unpleasant things that arise during pregnancy.
Eat right. A minimum of flour, a maximum of fruits and vegetables. It is more difficult when during pregnancy you want something terribly sweet or fat. But this desire must somehow be controlled. Honestly, I did not always succeed, but in most cases I tried to follow this point.
And do not listen to those who say that now you need to eat for two! Nothing like this. Simply, the quality of food should increase significantly and it is necessary to eat more vitamins and microelements.
We use special cosmetics. Since the third month of pregnancy, I used a special cream against stretch marks. Although I know that even the most expensive cream can not guarantee 100% effect. But in any case, it will somehow support our skin and will not allow it to later become stretched and flabby.
What do we do after giving birth?
Returning from the hospital, the first thing I looked at myself in the mirror. And somehow I became sad. I could not even believe that I could return to the original state. But literally in 4 months I didn’t have any extra kilos, and after two more I became even slimmer than I was.
How did I do it? I tell
First, it seriously approached the issue of proper nutrition. I tried to eat foods with a minimum fat content (milk still remains fat and nutritious, while using its own fat), again more fruits (which, of course, could be consumed) and vegetables. At the same time, they very clearly observed the diet: breakfast at 11.00, lunch at 14.00, dinner at 18.00, a small snack between lunch and dinner and a glass of kefir for the night.
She did physical exercises. Here I will make a reservation that the first month after natural childbirth and two months after cesarean section is forbidden to engage in categorically. Give the body to recover and at least a little recover. And then, when you feel more or less normal, you can start classes.
I did the same exercises as during pregnancy, plus 3-4 months after giving birth, I began to slowly restore my abs to the original state.
When the baby grew a little, I did a series of exercises with him in my arms: an extra burden for me and positive emotions for the child.
And continued to use the cream against stretch marks. In my case, he helped for 100% – not a single stretch and the skin remained quite elastic.
I hope my advice will be useful to you. And remember: in our hands, if not all, then at least a lot!