The establishment of breastfeeding is the most important thing that mom has to do in the first weeks after birth.
What is needed for this?
- 1. Knowledge
- 2. Patience
- 3. Help from loved ones
And now for each item.
Confidence that what you do is right adds strength and perseverance. For this you need (even better during pregnancy) to read articles about the benefits of breastfeeding. Fortunately, now there is Internet with a sea of information on any topic.
By the way, whoever searches, he will always find: the book of the now beaten Benjamin Spock helped me to save GV with the first child. And, however strange it may seem, is a crisis. Since in our town the mixture was not to buy, and the daughter refused to eat kefir from the dairy kitchen.
Practice shows that it is not always necessary to rely on the support of pediatricians and gynecologists in this matter, and breastfeeding specialists are not everywhere.
In addition to knowledge of the benefits of breast milk, you need to know how the breast works.
Here is what you need to know:
1. Sucking stimulates milk production. That is, the more the child sucks, the more milk becomes (this is the case when there is not enough milk). That’s why you need to give the breast on demand.
2. Milk in the breast does not deteriorate, do not need to decant every drop after each feeding (at least I did not bother myself with this).
3. Milk is divided into front and back. First comes thin, watery. It is also very useful, but not so nutritious. But the back is much thicker and more satisfying. I suspect that the cases when women have the so-called very heavy milk, from which the child does not eat enough and does not add weight, are connected with this. When there is a lot of milk, the child has time to fill the stomach with the front milk, but does not get to the back. I have such familiar mothers and they, filling themselves with milk, transferred the child to the mixture. And it was necessary only to express some of the milk before feeding.
For some reason, pediatricians apparently don’t know this and are advised to switch to a mixture. In general, many false statements about human milk are driven into our heads by doctors.
Here is the mother in the hospital, milk, of course, not yet. And the doctor, in passing, tells her: Athletes have no milk, only whipped cream. He joked, and the young, inexperienced, not retired mother gave birth to the fact that her child would eat the mixture.
I confess, despite the confidence that I will do my best to breastfeed my baby, having come from the maternity hospital with empty breasts, I still have enough stock of the mixture. So, for every fireman. For your own peace of mind. And while waiting for the arrival of milk, one day she quivered and fed the child with the mixture. Before that, I gave the breast on demand and it turned out that the son had been hanging on his neck for almost the whole day. I just watched if he peed enough. Well, there was no milk and everything …
After drinking a bottle of the mixture, the son sweetly fell asleep. All night long. And at night the milk came … Suddenly and a lot. Of course, other problems started here: the son was choking, he could not take the breast because it was too hard. I had to first decant.
Of course, there were more problems. It is here that it is worth saying that without the help of relatives, I would hardly have survived everything. I cracked nipple cracks for up to three months.
In the course went:
· Bepantin ointment (by the way, this is the same as Dexpanthenol, which is cheaper),
· Air baths (home baths have become accustomed to my bare sight, but what should I do?),
· Aloe juice on alcohol (after the awesome size of the crack, finally, it began to drag on).
Everything takes time: wash after feeding, wash off before feeding, and if there is little milk and countless feedings, when to do household chores? But we managed! As a result, up to five months, my son did not lure anything and gained weight well (the first month of the house was weighed on a kitchen scale, as they doubted whether he drank enough milk).