When can I show a newborn
When the baby is already born, and the young mother hurries to return home with a crumb, relatives and friends begin to recall all the possible national signs and beliefs concerning the newborn. As it turns out, their innumerable number and for every ban parents have a lot of questions. One of these: Why can not you show a newborn to 40 days? . The question is quite interesting and relevant, so we will discuss it.
The number of popular beliefs about the newborns is incalculable, but they all belong to the realm of superstition, no matter from what point of view to see it – scientific or religious. By itself, superstition means prejudice, which was founded by pagans believing in the existence of otherworldly forces and their direct influence on the destiny of man.
The most common people’s perceptions are the following:
- A newborn child is forbidden to carry near the mirror so that it reflects it. It is believed that in this way, you can bring on him a strong evil eye, a terrible illness and even death.
- It is not allowed to kiss the baby on the lips. The belief says that this can provoke dumbness (the baby will not talk).
- It is not necessary for strangers to bathe a newborn and breastfeed – there is a high probability of a maleficent. Sometimes a person can jinx it, even without knowing it.
- It is forbidden to pump a cradle, a crib, a wheelchair without a baby – can lead to irreparable consequences.
- If a newborn is smeared with bacon, then he will be lucky all his life.