Why does a newborn child have hair that does not grow well?
The first hair with which the baby is born is completely rolled out on the fourth month. New head of hair grows in all different ways. The speed of hair regrowth is exceptionally individual. Full formation of the hair cover occurs only to 11 years.
Sometimes it happens when the child does not grow hair for a long time or grow very slowly. In principle, for special concern there is no reason, but it is quite possible that in a small organism there have been some violations or a matter of wrong care.
The reasons for poor hair growth in the baby are several:
- Incorrect food.
- Lack of vitamins and trace elements.
- Metabolic disease.
Having determined, for what reason the child’s hair grows slowly, it is necessary to eliminate it:
- balance the nutrition of the baby or mother, if the child is not weaned. In the diet must include products containing protein, phosphorus and calcium; fermented milk products, egg yolk, fish, white cabbage, spinach, nuts. (grocery list)
- to improve the quality of the hair cover to take vitamin complexes containing vitamins A, C, B6, B12, E and PP.
- when a bad metabolism is detected, contact a doctor-endocrinologist.
- protect the baby from bad emotions, with a strong nervousness turn to a pediatric neurologist.
- at the first signs of rickets; excessive sweating, decreased muscle tone, deformity of bones; as soon as possible to begin treatment, and for the prevention of giving the child a solution of vitamin D (see the article about RAHIT);
- with a genetic predisposition to do nothing, the only way out is to strengthen and stimulate hair growth.