How many months does the baby begin to turn over
Newborn baby almost every day, waiting for new discoveries. One of the most important moments in the development of his motor activity is mastering the skill of turning over. The first time a crumb can lie only on the back or on the tummy, but because he sees a limited range of objects around him. Learning to turn around, he will discover a lot of new and previously unknown.
However, not all parents know at what time the child turns over, and in this connection they are worried that their babies are developing correctly.
Mastering various skills is gradual, each has its own development schedule, however, one can single out general patterns in this process:
- by the end of 3 months, the infant lying on her back or abdomen begins to turn her head toward the sounds or objects of interest;
- to four months the newborn lying on a tummy tries to lift a head and lean on elbows
- the movements of the crumb become more meaningful and coordinated in 4 months, the child touches his face with hands, probes his nose, bends his legs and pulls up their breasts, tries to reach his toes.
Parents can help their little ones learn the skill of coups. Classes should be conducted in the form of a game, necessarily accompanying all actions with a smile and approving words. If you notice that the child has turned over on its side, you can stimulate it to a new coup, putting a bright toy on the side.
In addition, you can do uncomplicated gymnastics together with the baby. These exercises will perfectly strengthen the muscles of the back and neck and help the newborn to quickly master the coups.
- Stimulation of certain points on the body - you can start preparing for coups from 3 months. Putting the newborn on the back, gently unfold his head with his fingers to himself and hold in that position, and with the thumb of the other hand, press down on the point located on the chest of the crumb just below the nipple on the side to which it should turn over. Such a massage involves the muscles needed to perform a coup first on the side, and then on the tummy. With this stimulation, you will see how the baby will open her palms, raise her shoulder slightly and gradually turn to her side.
- Training turn - it should start at 4 months, when the baby can already lie on his side. We lay the crumb on the barrel, with the edge of the palm resting it on the back, the way the baby is in this position for several minutes. If the baby does not like this situation, and he began to be capricious, let him rest a little and repeat everything again.
- Training the direction of rotation - this exercise makes sense to move when the previous two are well mastered, usually its turn comes in 5-6 months. We put the newborn on its side, put one palm on its upper shoulder blade, and the other - fix the hip joint of the crumb, gently push the baby, slightly wrapping his shoulders, but the other hand does not allow him to make this coup. At the end of the exercise, you can remove your hand and give the baby the opportunity to complete the turn.
- Pulling-we lay the crumb on the back and bend its leg, directing the knee in the direction of the coup, this position will force the baby to move with the opposite handle, you can give the baby a finger so that he can grasp it and make a coup.
- Support for the back - when the baby lies on its side, we lay down behind, creating for it a support, before the child at some distance we put the toy, the kid will reach for it, but not falling back, and gradually it will be able to roll over on the stomach.
- Support for the feet - when the crumb lies on the back, give him a finger so that the child can grasp, while the other palm supports his heels, this support will help the crumb to make a coup.