Baby soap for newborns
Many pediatricians believe that proper bathing in the first months of life supports the immunity of the child, protects it from various viruses and microbes. Baby’s skin is very delicate and sensitive, it is 2-3 times thinner than an adult’s, so in choosing a caregiver means necessary with the utmost care and caution.
For today there are three types of baby soap.
- Solid soap. When reacting with water, it forms an alkaline solution, easily foams. Frequent use overdries the skin, so it is recommended to wash newborns 1-2 times a week, not more often. More it is suitable for washing hands before meals or as an economic, for washing things. (Be sure to read about – What powder to wash things for the newborn)
- Liquid soap. The concentration of the active substance in such a product is lower, the pH level is close to that of the skin. Often this detergent has a special dispenser, protecting it from dirt and contact with the external environment. This kind does not dry, does not irritate the skin.
- Cream soap. Can have both a solid and a liquid structure. It differs by a higher percentage of the content of emollient epidermis components – glycerin, lanolin, etc.
The components that form the basis of liquid or solid soaps have different properties:
- Lanolin, glycerin, vegetable oil and boric acid soften the skin
- Vaseline and chamomile have a nourishing effect
- honey and beeswax have a tonic effect
- Children's soap based on sage, eucalyptus, oak bark or calendula has anti-inflammatory properties
- fir accelerates the healing process of wounds and abrasions
Often, solid soap is produced in the form of various figures, and the liquid is poured into beautiful bottles of interesting shapes to water treatments but good, and even brought pleasure.
Many pediatricians recommend washing newborns, adding to the water infusions succession, chamomile or St. John's wort, and do not use soap. You can try special children's gels or foams, they are suitable not only for the skin, but for the hair.