Fatigue in a newborn child; prevention, folk remedies, ointments
Almost every newborn child suffers from diaper rash. This is due to the fact that the skin of the baby is very tender, and are exposed to the effects of high humidity and temperature. In addition, not all mothers adhere to all the rules for the care of a newborn.
- redness of skin areas (often in the buttocks, groin, underarms, behind the ears and around the child’s neck);
- the skin is constantly moist;
- small cracks in place of redness;
- itching and burning;
- In rare cases, small abscesses may appear around the wound.
Causes, treatment and prevention of diaper rash
What if your baby has suffered this misfortune? Treatment should always begin with prevention. Even a small reddening of the skin requires the attention of the parents. Check the skin in the buttocks, groin, underarms, behind the ears and on the neck. If you see peeling, rashes, redness, then it is worth taking extra care.
- Exercises of the kid – the usual root cause of these troubles. The urine contains a specific uric acid, which causes irritation with prolonged contact with the skin. And in contact with harmful bacteria from the stool, its effect increases several times;
- Improper use of diapers. However strange it may sound, most parents allow primitive mistakes in the use of diapers, and this leads to serious intertrigo between the buttocks and in the groin. Quality diapers can not independently be a factor in the occurrence of diaper rash; on the contrary, they reduce the chance of contact of the urine with the skin (see an article on how to choose good diapers). But no matter how good a diaper might be, it should be changed clean every 4 hours, or immediately after a bowel movement. Otherwise, urine and sweat accumulate and the baby’s ass is in a kind of greenhouse of uric acid and salt;
- Untimely leaving. After each change of the diaper, the child needs to be washed under running water, and after defecation – always use a baby soap. If the need to change the diaper appeared outside the house – you need to wipe the baby’s skin clean with antibacterial wet wipes;
- Do you use baby cream for diapers? Before you put the baby on a diaper, use a powder or a special cream. (See article; cream for diaper; (how to apply / rating popular means));
- How does the bathing take place? After bathing and washing, you need to let the baby’s skin dry, gently dabbing it with a towel;
- Friction. The most common diaper rash occurs in folds or places of contact with the seams on the child’s clothing. Prefer artificial materials clothing made from natural cotton (preferably with external seams). Also, be sure to use the right size diaper – and you will easily avoid a similar problem;
- Allergic reaction. However strange it may sound, excessive parental care of the baby’s skin can also cause diaper rash. Powders, creams, lotions, etc. – often irritate, and not soothe the skin. Children’s cosmetics should be natural and hypoallergenic. But even if you use only proven means, it is not a fact that a child can not have an intertrigo (cm TOP-10 care products for your baby). STILL and food allergy is a fairly common phenomenon today. Remember ; Food allergy combined with diaper rash greatly worsens the condition of the child. Often in such situations it is necessary to consult a doctor of an allergist or dermatologist. Be extremely careful with the nutrition of your mother if the baby is breastfed, and introduce the lure timely and gradually (how to correctly introduce complementary foods);
- Overheat. Fissures often occur against the background of high air temperature in the room where the newborn is. Optimum temperature for the child; 18-22 ° C. Wear the baby according to the temperature, he feels the heat just like an adult. How do you dress a child for a walk? Many parents sin that, afraid of freezing the baby, try to wrap it as warmly as possible. It is not right ; read the article how to dress a child for a walk;
- Bacterial and fungal infections. Perhaps, the only option is when diaper rash should be treated with medicines, so as not to start the disease. But such cases are extremely rare!