How to choose a nanny for a newborn baby; tips and tricks
The appearance of the child in many ways changes the rhythm of the life of the parents. Everything starts to revolve around this little man. But in some cases, newly-made parents, due to certain circumstances, can not devote themselves entirely to caring for the baby and communicating with him. The reasons for this can be mother’s studies, work, touring activities and other situations in which parents have to leave home. Lucky those families, in which care for the child can be transferred to the reliable hands of grandparents. But what about those whose relatives are far away or can not help? In this case there is a simple way out – you need a nanny for your newborn baby!
However, many parents are dubious about entrusting their small miracle to a completely unfamiliar woman. And this is completely normal! After all, we are talking about the most important and valuable for all parents – the health and safety of their baby.
If you still decided to use the services of a nanny, you need to have some information on how to choose the right baby-sitter, where to find it and what to pay special attention to. With these and other questions you will become acquainted with our article.
The main and most important rule that young parents should follow when choosing a nanny for a child; this is an intuitive sense of trust. After all, you will leave your treasure with this woman. In some cases, parents choose a nanny for a long time, look through a lot of recommendations, carefully study information about education and work experience, but there are certain doubts … And sometimes it is enough to look at a person to understand: this is a suitable candidate!
Nevertheless, trust and sympathy – this is not all the list of those moments that should limit the choice of nanny for babies. It is desirable to take into account also:
- age (the most optimal age is from 35 to 50 years);
- education (ideally, if a woman considered to be a nanny will have a higher medical and pedagogical education);
- experience (experience is evidence of the skills in caring for the child and the solution of various issues, experienced women do not get lost in different situations and will quickly take the right actions);
- the nurse should be able to behave in the hands, because sometimes it is very difficult to cope with the whims of a child, even loving parents, what can we say about a stranger?
- available knowledge, skills, competences (well, if a woman can provide first aid, massage a tummy, etc.).
Recently, a large number of recruiting agencies provide a nanny search service. The advantages of searching through agencies are:
- possibility to discuss in advance all the requirements for candidacies;
- quick search;
- responsibility (most specialized agencies take care of their own reputation).
Our posts in social networks. Subscribe: