Rules for the carriage of infants
Today, almost every family has a car, so the new parents need to ask: how to transport an infant in a car? Small children in view of their physiological characteristics are in great danger, compared to other passengers, even a small accident can cause serious problems. All the recommendations concerning the transport of toddlers in a vehicle are aimed at ensuring its maximum safety.
Let’s look at how to transport a newborn in a car by the rules.
Legislation imposes an additional responsibility on the driver of the car when transporting small passengers. A trip in the car involves a certain risk, for children it is several times higher. To ensure your child’s safety during the trip, you must follow a number of rules:
- for the transport of small passengers a special chair or car is used, the booster can only be used for children who have reached school age;
- in the car seat the baby should be located in the direction of the car in the direction of the car’s movement; this will help him to avoid spinal injuries if braking is abrupt;
- if the baby is in the car box, the device should be installed in the back seat of the car perpendicular to the direction of its movement;
- the child seat must strictly correspond to the weight, height, age of the child, improper accessory can cause serious injuries;
- the chair that visited the road accident can not be used further;
- the baby, being in the car seat, should be fastened with a belt, until the small passenger is securely fixed in the transport device, it is forbidden to start traffic;
- the driver should strictly control the speed limit, avoid as much as possible sharp turns, braking.