How to put the baby to sleep? Advice of a child psychologist
Before you find the right way to lull, which will give a 100% result, parents have to go through a lot of sleepless nights. And if the newborn spends all the time in a crib, then older children need a special approach. How correctly to lay the child without whims, hysterics and tears?
For a complete rest and recovery, a person needs a quality sleep. It is not surprising that for a growing child organism that receives new information every day, it plays a greater role than for parents.
However, with the growing up of the child and the increase in the waking time, the laying process often turns into a real hassle. Psychologists advise considering the age of children to put them to bed without unnecessary difficulties.
It seems very easy to put a baby in a crib from birth to two months. He already sleeps almost round the clock, waking up for food. But while this process is not adjusted, the baby can wake up and after five hours, and five minutes later.
To help him quickly fall asleep and sleep longer, use the following tips.
- Try swaddling it. Scientists have proved that the swaddling does not allow the babies to wiggle the handles (because of what they wake up), recalls the mother’s belly, creating a feeling of peace and security. The wrapping in the diaper also causes a feeling of drowsiness – after three days you will notice that the baby will begin to perceive swaddling as a signal to go out.
- Rock on your hands or in a stroller. Do not listen to the numerous well-wishers who can say that by doing this you create difficulties for yourself. Swaying is a proven method for centuries, of course, if you swing the baby around and round, and not shake.
- Tap the pope. A weak, rhythmic pat on the children acts like a sleeping pill, reminding them of the beating of your heart, the sounds of which they heard and felt while in the mother’s womb.
- Sing lullabies. For newborns, your vocal data is not important. Voices of native people that were distributed during pregnancy, the baby seem the most beautiful. Be sure to include in your parental repertoire Russian folk lullaby to protect the crumb from anxiety and fears.
- Turn on the music. Soft melodies, sounds of nature (the noise of a waterfall, surf, rustle of autumn leaves) and even maternal booing relieve overexcitation and soothe the child’s nervous system. It is undesirable to teach children to fall asleep in a sterile silence – they will wake up from any rustle. In any case, be guided by your child – someone likes absolute peace, others – musical accompaniment.