Learning to change a diaper to a newborn: choosing the right intervals and means of hygiene
Regular changing of diapers and diapers forms the basis of daily care of an infant and requires certain skills. Consider how often and how to properly change a diaper to a newborn.
The newborn child in the first month of life defecates every 2-3 hours. Determine the time when it’s time to change the baby, you can in several ways:
- The crumb begins to be capricious and cry. A wet diaper delivers significant discomfort, and this unpleasant sensation strongly affects the mood of the baby.
- Immediately after excretion, the corresponding odor appears.
- Pampers, which it is time to change, become heavy and wet to the touch.
- Many models of disposable linen are equipped with a color indicator, as the strip is filled, the shade changes.
- You can just look inside the panties of the baby.
Parents often ask how often to change a diaper to a newborn at night. There is no unambiguous answer, because many factors depend on this: the speed of pollution, the sensitivity of the skin crumbs, and so on.
If the child is quietly asleep during the dark hours, do not bother him because of a wet diaper. When the baby becomes uncomfortable, he will wake up and notify everyone around. For the same reason, during night feeding, changing clothes without any apparent reason is not required. Another thing is with defecation, which immediately causes diaper rash and irritation of the skin.
- Take care that the diaper does not fall down and does not press on the delicate skin of the baby. To avoid leakage or regurgitation, fasten the fasteners evenly.
- To prevent diaper rash, frequent air baths are recommended.
- If the child has redness and a rash, you need to see a doctor for advice.
- Do not leave the baby alone on a high surface or fasten it with seat belts.
- Personal hygiene of boys and girls is different from each other. Girls need to be washed in front, gradually moving downward to avoid getting stool in the vagina. Boys can be cleaned in any direction, but putting on a new diaper, put the penis down. Otherwise, leaks can not be avoided.
Author: Marina Morgunova
Diapers for newborns, which is still better? Today many parents choose a mixed style of use and many.