How to help with gazikah in a newborn: disassemble products provoking flatulence and ways of treatment
In the first weeks after the birth of the child, most parents face such a problem as bloating in the crumbs. Painful sensations and discomfort most often caused by physiological causes and are at the age of 3-4 months. In this difficult period, the baby should be helped by finding out and eliminating the reason for the gases in the newborn.
From the moment of the first feeding with breast milk or a mixture in the newborn’s gastrointestinal tract, a considerable amount of gases is formed, resulting from the digestion of lactose, proteins and other nutrients. This is due to the immaturity of the digestive system, when the work of the intestinal tract and the synthesis of enzymes have not yet been properly established.
To help the child and not harm him, you need to make sure that the state of discomfort is caused by increased gas production. This is indicated by symptoms manifested 20-30 minutes after feeding:
- The crumb behaves very restlessly, cries, lifting the legs to the tummy. With pains from the excess of the gazik, his cry is sharper, may stop for a period, then the situation repeats.
- Regular eructations and profuse regurgitation. This is a natural way to escape the gases accumulated in the stomach. If the eructation is too strong and occurs frequently, this may be a sign that a lot of air gets into the baby’s stomach during feeding.
- The belly swells and becomes firm, can rumble.
- Problems with stool (diarrhea or constipation).
- After the departure of the gazik, the newborn calms down, clearly feeling relieved.
Crying is a normal phenomenon for all babies as the only available way of communication. The kid can scream for various reasons: he is hungry, frozen, feels uncomfortable or needs to change a diaper. At this time, the child swallows the air that enters the stomach or passes into the intestines, which leads to pain.
Overfeeding can also lead to the formation of gazik. The intestine and stomach of the newborn can not yet function fully, digesting increased volumes of food, resulting in the start of fermentation processes.
Children are sensitive to external stimuli. Gas formation can manifest itself as a consequence of overexcitement of the nervous system or stress, provoked by strong noise, loud conversations, the presence of strangers. It is necessary to ensure peace and comfortable conditions for the baby.
The cause of gas formation can be lactase deficiency. In this state, the crumbs organism does not digest milk sugar (lactose) because of deficiency of the enzyme lactase. There is such a rare and solved by the correct organization of GV and the rejection of products that lead to allergies (proteins of goat and cow's milk).