How and in what cases to use a gas pipe
For a long 9 months, my mother nurses her child, examines tons of sheets of periodicals and Internet pages with the necessary information and prepares for the most important and responsible event – the birth. However, after the baby is brought home, it immediately becomes clear that the questions are just beginning.
Among the most common problems that young mothers are puzzled about, you can call intestinal colic and gazikas; more than 30% of kids face this trouble.
This is due to the fact that the microflora of the intestine of the newborn is still poorly developed. Gases in the abdomen of the child most often occur due to improper capture of the breast during feeding or if the child eats from the bottle, it can sometimes capture air bubbles.
Problems with the intestine in most cases pass after the first 3 months of life of the baby. To save the child from gazik and colic, parents use: dill vodichku, various medicines (espumizan, hilak forte, baby kalm, bobotik, etc., see the list of all popular medicines), breastfeeding mother adheres to a diet, a baby is made to massage a tummy, but there is another way to relieve the crumbs of life and to save from the accumulated gazik in the tummy – a gas pipe (a special device for newborns).
So, the gas pipe is used if the child has constipation, if the child pains to cough, if the child has pain due to colic and gazik.
Length 18-22 cm. Diameter 2.5-3 mm
If your choice has stopped on the last of the described ways to relieve the child of discomfort, then you should first figure out how to use the gas pipe to not harm the baby. For a newborn baby, you need to take a tube of the smallest size; 15 ; 16. For older children, size 17-18 (in the pharmacy you will be consulted about this)
- After purchase, the gas pipe should be boiled;
- Wash hands thoroughly before use;
- Prepare a changing table for the procedure (lay an oilcloth and diaper);
- Lubricate the tip of the tube and the child’s back passage with petroleum jelly (you can replace it with boiled vegetable oil);
- Baby up to 6 months put on the back, press the legs to the chest and hold;
- Baby 6 months or older put on the left barrel, press the legs and hold;
- Gently, with rotational movements, insert the blurred tip into the anus (the smallest is enough for 1-2 cm, from 6 months old and up to 4 cm) and keep for about 10 minutes;
- To understand that the gazik went, you can put the other end of the tube in a container of water. You will understand it by bubbles;
- Very carefully, gently twist the tube, if the stool does not go, push the tube a little further (but not more than 5 cm);
- After the gases and stools have gone, carefully remove the tube, press the baby’s legs to the chest (so that the remnants of stool and gazik come out on its own and completely);
- After the event, the baby needs to be washed.
I'm cautious about such devices. I'm afraid to hurt the baby. When the procedure is done by a doctor, you know that everything will be fine, but you can do something wrong. If possible, espumizan.
We used the gas pipe during the first months of the baby. His son had colic, could not himself poke, shouted, tugilsya, did not sleep. Tubes were put, the guns retreated, the baby calmed down almost immediately.
My baby has strong colic, the doctors say that neither you eat it either, so you did not eat that little milk now and it was not satisfying, you drank colicite from the gazikas, you did not see much help, now you bought Espumizan, we'll see what he tells us, but the tube scary of course, but sometimes he screams and cries, and it lasts not 20 and not 40 minutes but two hours screams strongly that it is probably worth it to buy.
And we just did not try, when the child was small! Although my daughter was on natural feeding, but constantly tormented by constipation and intestinal colic. They helped us; warm diaper on the abdomen (short effect), massage (do regularly, clockwise), in my diet I included unsweetened compote, rather a decoction, dried apricots; and when it was absolutely unbearable had to resort to medicines; Espyumizan drops were not bad, they were not bad from colic, they were unsweetened, and they fought with candles Glicelax (I still bought glycerin candles during pregnancy, it's the same type, but it's good for children) Well, of course, you do not need drugs, without fanaticism) when the baby is really bad, then these proven means are very helpful.
Carefully insert the end of the tube into the rectum at 1.5-2 cm for newborns and 4-5 cm for older children.
I independently introduced the baby a gas pipe. The main thing is not to hurry. Instant result! Make a tummy massage, disinfect the tube, lubricate with baby oil, and gently enter the tube without panic. Everything was in a matter of minutes! But I noticed that sometimes a warm bath helps, and use espumizana! But the heated pelenonka somehow did not recommend itself: - ((One mediator advised me three times a day to give a nosh, and at the moment when the colic give white charcoal! These funds seem to absorb the colic!