Development of speech in children: the baby’s first words
That’s left behind an exciting 9 months of waiting, unforgettable birth and the bustling first days of the house. You and your baby were already visited by a visiting nurse, from whom you clarified all the necessary questions, breastfeeding is established, and you have already visited a hospital in a polyclinic.
Your new life next to the baby has begun, and now it’s time to develop it, for example, today I would like to talk about the development of speech in a child of up to a year.
Many parents will be surprised and will say what a baby can have speech, if when he does not sleep, he cries, and if he does not cry, at best he makes some kind of indistinct sounds. But that’s it, these strange sounds, which few parents pay serious attention to, and are the first steps in the formation of the speech of the baby, him call for communication. The child can and wants with all his strength to communicate with you, and you are ready? If so, let’s learn to understand each other.
How does the child’s speech develop up to a year:
- First month: reacting to the sound, the child becomes more active, moves the pens and legs, turns his head to the source of sound. If the baby is uncomfortable (want to eat, it’s time to change diapers, lonely or something hurts), he screams, attracting the attention of his mother and thus forming the first dialogue.
- Second-third months: the beginning of the process of walking. The kid, in response to a smile or treatment, pronounces the vowels yaaa, aaiii, and then the consonant sounds of the b’boo, gy, smiles. The intonation of the child’s cries changes, the attentive mother by this period already knows how to differentiate their cause: discontent, cry from pain, the baby is bored or he is hungry.
- Third-sixth months: the child continues to actively walk and gradually connects individual sounds into long enough combinations me-uuu-gyyaaaa. During this period, the kid does not just pronounce sounds, he is waiting for your reaction to them, trying to attract attention, repeat, see your smile. It is at this time that you have the most grateful and interesting interlocutor!
- Seventh-tenth months: the kid begins to imitate adults actively, repeat the syllables ba-ba-ba, ma-ma-ma, da-da-daa. During this period, the child is already beginning to intonate: expressing joy or indignation with the events that occur, the child is formed understanding the meaning of speech (I say I answer, I ask me to give). For the development of speech during this period, talk as much as possible with each other, sing funny songs, read small rhymes.
- The eleventh – the twelfth month: the child understands the speech addressed to him, can correctly answer a simple question (show where Masha has a nose?), execute a small request (Give mom, please, a spoon). In the active speech of the baby the first words appear.