What is the baby’s revitalization complex?
Often at a pediatrician’s reception, young mothers ask whether everything is good with the newborn, whether it is normal. Physiological parameters are fairly easy to assess – there are norms, tables. Weight, height, the number of teeth, the circumference of the head – all this can be measured. And how to evaluate the psychological development of an infant? After all, a child at the age of several months can not even speak. To do this, there is a revitalization complex – an important indicator of the happy state and development of the newborn, and for the baby it is one way of communicating with the world around.
For the first time this term was introduced in the 20-ies. the last century. Specialists in pediatric neurology believe that the revitalization complex includes several basic components.
Reactions included in the revitalization complex:
- fading of a newborn child in the first seconds of communication
- concentration of the look – the child begins to consider an adult, looks at his interlocutor for a long time and looks, while his gaze is close, focused primarily on the eyes of another person
- smile – it is a testament to the joy of the newborn
- active movements – the baby stretches handles to the adults, arches the back, knocks, moves his head
- vocalization – the baby begins to draw attention to himself with jerky screams, humming, or prolonged walking