We teach babies to swim and dive: how and when to begin classes with newborns at home in the bath. Many video instructions
Most modern parents are fond of early developmental techniques, including the training of newborns in swimming. What is it – a newfangled hobby or a necessary condition for the harmonious development of the baby? Is it necessary to teach babies to swim, when to start and how to do it, so as not to harm children’s health? In this article we will try to answer these and other questions.
Since birth, children are already able to swim: they can hold their breath under water and splash in the bathroom with pleasure. It is explained by congenital reflexes – until the birth of a baby in my mother’s belly was in a liquid environment. Approximately three to four months, this congenital reaction fades, and teach the crumb to stay afloat will have much later.
However, the essence of such activities with the newborn is not to make him the future Olympic champion. Increasingly, pediatricians express their opinion that breastfeeding brings invaluable.
- Regular water procedures teach children to safely treat temperature changes. Thanks to hardening, immunity is strengthened, which reduces the likelihood of colds, promotes dynamic physical development and helps prevent a variety of health problems.
- The result of systematic training is the formation of a correct, beautiful posture, a strong muscular corset for the children’s spine.
- Water exercises are much more effective for improving the motor system than massage and stroking. They strengthen or, conversely, relax the muscles of the back, arms, legs and neck. By the way, young swimmers are beginning to crawl, get up on their feet and walk (what a child can do in 1 year).
- During bathing, when the child has a little difficulty breathing and the body lacks oxygen, the children’s organism additionally allocates red blood cells (erythrocytes), which contributes to the growth of hemoglobin.
- Swimming and diving positively affect the lungs and cardiovascular system, helps to stimulate blood supply to the organs and normalize blood pressure.
- When the child dives, the swirling water clears the maxillary sinuses. And this is the prevention of a cold in a newborn. Also washed baby spout, removed all bacteria, dust particles and possible allergens.
- In water, the child calms down, gets rid of fears. Also, water procedures strengthen the connection between mother and baby, giving the baby time while swimming, you can better understand the language of his body and gestures, which will allow you to quickly find mutual understanding with your baby.
- A child, taught from birth to swim, will not be afraid of open reservoirs.