All you need to know about artificial feeding: the pros and cons
The use of breast milk is an essential condition for the full development of a healthy baby, however, due to lactation or other problems, it is recommended that the infant is artificially fed. The procedure implies the right choice of the milk formula, the formulation of a special diet and the introduction of complementary foods for the baby.
There are significant reasons why IW can not be avoided:
- Agalactia in the mother – a serious violation of the hormonal system, leading to the lack of milk. It happens extremely rarely, according to statistics, the disease is diagnosed in only 1-2% of women.
- Complex births that depleted the body.
- Infectious diseases of the mother (an open form of tuberculosis, HIV).
- Taking medications that can affect the condition of the baby. Most often after a course of therapy, you can restore lactation.
- The presence of mental illness in the mother (psychosis, epilepsy).
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular system, liver and other internal organs of a young mother.
- Metabolism in the baby.