All about artificial feeding (IV)
All young mothers understand perfectly well that in the first months of life more useful nutrition than breast milk for a newborn baby is not. But sometimes there is a situation in which there is a need to transfer the child to another food (there is no breast milk or the mother can not breast-feed). The artificial feeding of a newborn child requires the right approach to both the choice of the mixture and the adherence to a new diet. Consultation with a pediatrician is a prerequisite before starting IW.
Feeding even the most high-quality mixtures can not make up for those trace elements that the baby receives along with the milk of the mother. Therefore, the introduction of an adapted food should always be justified. Pediatricians distinguish several circumstances when artificial feeding is considered necessary:
- Severely leaking births, after which the mother must restore her strength;
- Acceptance of some groups of vital medicines by a woman;
- Infectious diseases of mother;
- Absence of milk in the glands of the breast or its insufficiency. The lack of milk is determined by the control weighing of the baby after feeding;
- Impossibility of feeding a child due to a temporary absence. This indication is justified when there are no conditions for storing the expressed milk or the period of absence of the mother is calculated in weeks.
Problems of artificial feeding:
The artificial feeding of a child is considered a metabolic stress in medicine and therefore causes a wide variety of reactions. Allergies, a problem with the stool, colic occur in the first days in most babies. Some of them get used, others have to change the mixture.