What to do if a baby often sneezes, how to understand the reasons
The birth of a baby is a happy and joyful event in the life of each family. But with the appearance of crumbs in inexperienced parents, there is excitement and anxiety about his health, often unreasonable. Should I sound an alarm if the child often sneezes? Let’s try to understand why this is happening, and in what cases should I see a doctor.
A baby has the same reflexes as an adult. Pediatricians claim that sneezing in a newborn is a natural process that helps to clean the upper respiratory tract from microbes, allergens, dust and other irritants.
This protective reaction can be caused by the following factors:
- Dry air is one of the most common causes of drying of the nasal mucosa. Often this phenomenon is associated with the beginning of the heating season.
- Dust is the main enemy of infants. It accumulates on the floor, the surface of furniture and soft toys, which relatives and friends like to ask the baby for.
- Allergies of different origin. Often in children, there is a reaction to the wool coat and dander of pets, pollen of some plants, synthetic materials or cosmetics. Introduction to the diet of new foods can also cause sneezing.
- Contact with people who smoke. Often babe cleanses the nasopharynx when communicating with a newly smoking person. Sometimes it is accompanied by lacrimation and redness on the skin. Smoking next to the newborn is unacceptable!
- The accumulation of dried crusts in the nose, irritating the nerve endings of the nasal mucosa.
- Cold and SARS. In this case, mucus forms in the nasal cavity, the temperature rises, a cough arises.