Meningococcal infection in children: what every mother should know
Meningococcal infection in children, especially in infants, can very quickly worsen their condition. Call a doctor immediately if you notice a rash in the baby, accompanied by very poor health.
Meningococcal infection mdash; it is an infection caused by bacteria that can lead to two very serious diseases in both children and adults:
In this article, you will learn all the most important information about meningococcal infection in children: its main symptoms, complications, prevention in the form of vaccinations and treatment, and also in what cases it is urgent to seek medical help from a doctor.
- meningococcal infection is a bacterial infection
- causes severe complications: meningitis, sepsis
- well-being of infants and children with meningococcal infection can very quickly deteriorate
- meningococcus is difficult to diagnose in the early stages
- during illness it is necessary to constantly monitor the condition of the child, deterioration can occur suddenly
- urgently lead the child to the doctor if the condition is severe, and especially if there is a rash
- study the early symptoms of meningococcal infection and tell them about the children
- find out where to go for help in an emergency
- Early treatment can save lives