Children who are very picky in their food are called nechochuha. To feed them is a real problem. My mother never had this problem. I had a good appetite. And my mother and grandmother were happy: Oh, Lindochka, eat another meatball, because you grow up, and the meat is so nourishing.
As a child I was not restricted in food, so by adolescence I became pyshechka. But in our family I got used to eat a lot, so I began to restrict food only as a student. Nearby there was no mother with meatballs and pies.
Students have little money, as you can imagine. Special delights afford not work. And I began to struggle with my appetite. This struggle was not easy.
In this topic, I want to bring the tools that helped me curb my appetite. I apply them even now, if, because of a couple of kilograms, I stop liking myself.
1. Separate meals. I did not succeed in fully implementing this principle, but in part I succeeded. I noticed a long time ago: if I buy sausages, cheese and crab sticks for dinner, much more will be eaten than if only cheese was bought.
After all, you will not be eating 5 sandwiches with cheese at a time. And 1-2 with different fillers is easy, and even the conscience will not torment.
2. Cook without salt. My mother, because of her high blood pressure, is on a salt-restricted diet. She puts salt in the already prepared dish, so it is consumed much less than if it were salted in the cooking process. I took this habit from her.
It was ridiculous: I invited guests, set the table and wondered: they were sluggishly picking their plates. It turns out that I cooked unsalted dishes by habit.
3. A glass of water before meals. This is a famous piece of advice that I always try to put into practice. Then much less food is eaten, as the stomach is filled faster, and a signal about saturation is sent to the brain.
4. Five meals. When we eat often, but in smaller portions, our bodies are not afraid of being forced to starve. After all, every three hours he gets his portion of food. True, in school it is often difficult to eat.
5. Eat slowly. This item is quite difficult for me. I can eat a big chocolate bar in a couple of minutes. I got used to the fact that there is often no time to eat slowly: recess at school, then at the institute. Now here at school again, as a teacher. But still I try to chew more slowly.
6. Use small plates. In this case, the illusion is created that there is a lot of food, and in the case of a large, but not full plate, supplements will be very desirable. And the supplement, as you understand, is extra calories, and they do not need anything.
I do not watch my weight daily. But when I feel that I have recovered (I immediately have a second subcompact – and I can’t even be weighed), I begin to apply these tips. Work, I checked!