Such a choice is faced by many mothers who take care of their baby on maternity leave: go to work or continue to raise the baby. I made my choice three years ago. What do you choose?
Three years ago
Before I gave birth to a son, I worked in an office. I think my boss was pretty with my work, because after a few months I was asked to go to the workplace. How to work? I have a little baby doll in my arms. And breastfeeding? – I asked the head in amazement. The boss shook his head and reluctantly let me sit for a while longer.
When the child was one year old, the proposal of the head to return to work was already more insistent. I heard phrases that the subsequent stay at home will affect my career, what a child and a grandmother can see. I desperately resisted. The state gives me the right to sit at home for three years – I will sit and raise my son all these three years. So I decided and did not regret it even once.
Why do we need maternity leave?
Maternity leave is given so that a woman can resume physically and psychologically after giving birth, so that she can take care of her baby for the first three years of her life, giving her all her time. Many psychologists and physicians talk about the importance of the presence of the mother in the life of the child in the first three years – it means not in vain.
Supporting the opinion of scientists, I spent almost three years at home, trying to devote as much time as possible to the development of the child. It seems to me that the mere presence of a mother in the first years of life is already a big plus for a child. This is how the first understanding of the world is formed: trust in people, self-confidence, a sense of security, care and love.
There is also another conscious choice – mother goes to work without waiting for the end of maternity leave. What could be the reasons for leaving the child at home and going to work?
1. Financial difficulties – This is one of the most frequent reasons (the average person), which causes the mother to go to work before the due time. When there is nothing to feed the child (conditionally), then staying at home is quite hard and quite wrong.
2. Ambition. A mother who wants and can achieve a lot in her life must sometimes sacrifice something – perhaps these are the first years with the child, the first steps, the first word of the baby. Usually, even achieving great heights, a woman does this not for her own sake, but for the sake of her child and his future.
3. Fear of losing your job. Nowadays, finding a good job is very hard. If you are lucky, then there is nothing surprising if you choose to save the workplace instead of caring for the child.
4. Mom – the only financial source. It happens that people get divorced, it happens that the husband at the moment can not work. Then mom just needs to earn, to be able to live with dignity and raise the little one.
5. Dad is on maternity leave. It happens that everything drastically changes in the family: mom works, dad sits on maternity leave. The most important thing for a child is for his family to take an active part in his development, monitor his health, etc. If this is done by one of the most dear to the child people – Dad, then everything will be fine.
The choice of each
These five reasons for which a mother goes to work before the age of three, are taken from life examples of my acquaintances and friends. Every person has a choice and he makes it. I made my choice three years ago – I stayed at home and raised a child. Someone decides otherwise.
Everyone has the right to choose the option that he considers the most appropriate. But I am still wondering what else can make a mother go out earlier than necessary, to work and leave the child without her care all day permanently?