The first tooth appears in babies, usually by six months. But for each child this process is individual in nature: for someone, the teeth erupt without any special problems, but for someone this process causes a deterioration of well-being.
Young parents need to know the teething symptoms to help their baby if necessary.
Towards half a year, the child may experience the following symptoms:
– Itching in the gums
– Problems with the chair
– light runny nose
– Abundant salivation
– Slight increase in body temperature
– Whims for no reason.
In most cases, these symptoms are one of them or at the same time notify the parents of the soon appearance of Zubik. But it must be remembered that these same symptoms may indicate that the baby has caught some kind of infection.
Therefore, carefully monitor the condition of the child and, if you have any doubts, be sure to consult with your pediatrician.
To check your guess, look in the baby’s mouth: the gum in the place of appearance of the tooth becomes red and swollen. In addition, the baby at this time pulls into his mouth all that comes up under the arm, and tries to nibble it.
How to help the baby? – you ask. Here are some recommendations:
– Carry the baby more often in your arms and increase the number of breastfeeds.
– Do the child a circular massage of the gums wrapped in gauze with a finger or a special rubber brush.
– Give the baby a chewable teether with a liquid or gel. Do not forget to pre-cool it.
– If the itch does not allow the child to fall asleep, then lubricate the gums with a special gel or ointment with an analgesic effect.
– If the baby has a fever, you can give paracetamol in the infant dosage.
And most importantly – do not worry. The excitement of the mother is transmitted to the child. Teeth erupt in all babies. You are not alone!