Most recently, my friend’s son underwent surgery for an umbilical hernia. They live in Finland, and there exists just such a tactic for treating this disease.
We are all different. Hernia in children is removed surgically only during infringement. In other cases, treat conservatively somewhere up to four years.
Symptoms of umbilical hernia
Convex education on or near the navel. When a baby cries, the hernia may increase right before your eyes.
Usually, the umbilical hernia does not bring any worries to the child. Only in rare cases, when the edges of the umbilical ring are solid, the baby becomes more restless.
Only a doctor can diagnose and prescribe treatment.
Prevention of umbilical hernia in children
1. Preventing constipation and bloating. There should not be excessive straining. If the mother feeds the baby with breast milk, then it is better for her to exclude white cabbage, nuts, and whole milk from the diet.
Cover your baby’s navel with your palm and gently turn it clockwise.
Put your thumb on the baby’s navel and gently press, as if ringing a bell.
3. Spread the baby on the tummy more often. Surgeons recommend doing this.
about 10-15 times a day for five minutes.
4. Gymnastics on the ball. Smooth wiggle baby on the ball in the prone position.
Umbilical Hernia Treatment
1. Bandage. You can buy it at the pharmacy or make it yourself. Very often, after setting the hernia, the umbilical ring is stuck with two strips of plaster.
2. Therapeutic gymnastics and massage. It is carried out only by a specialist.
3. Physical rest. Try to have a smaller baby cry.
4. Surgical intervention. If the doctor offers surgery, it is best to agree to this. Otherwise, already in an adult state, some health problems may appear.
Do not self-medicate. This can lead to negative consequences.
The umbilical hernia in babies passes fairly quickly, often even no special treatment is required. Only in rare cases it is necessary to carry out surgery.