Oh, those queues! Only because of them I almost don’t go to our children’s clinic with my daughter. This is just not imaginable! To get to the doctor for 10 minutes from strength, you need two, or even three hours to sit in a queue.
How I avoid queuing
Whatever I do, avoiding the queues completely is practically unreal. But, I know several ways how to sit in them much less.
1. To come to the end of the reception. I do not know why, but almost all come to the first minutes of the reception and begin to take a turn. And in our clinic, mothers with babies begin to catch up about an hour before. Can you imagine what’s going on when the doctor finally comes? A nightmare.
But, when I once slept, and then I gathered for a long time and came half an hour before the end, I found that there were almost no small patients. We got to our doctor very quickly. Therefore, now I always bring my daughter at the very end, when the reception goes in the afternoon. The chance to go faster is so much more.
2. Pre-registration. If there is an opportunity to register with some doctor, then I do it. I try to never drag my daughter to where there is a lively queue and full of sick children. I sign up on the phone or on the internet, or if my path lies just past the children’s clinic.
If the queue got …
If, nevertheless, we with our daughters get to the very peak and we have to wait a long time, then here it is not sweet for me. She’s like a whirligig, she constantly wants to touch something, play with someone, take away a toy from someone. Skoda still that!
Therefore, to distract the child, I use a variety of methods at hand:
1. Telephone. My daughter’s phone is fascinating. She is constantly trying to steal it from me! If she succeeds, she puts it to her ear and starts chirping with herself. This is so funny!
2. Keys. The keys are so fun to ring, and they are so different. They often save me when I need to take my daughter. True, we have to constantly make sure that she does not pull them into her mouth and lose them.
3. A pack of wet wipes. Have you noticed that all kids are fan of wet wipes? I just can not understand why. But it is worth giving this pack to their hands, as they forget about everything and enthusiastically begin to play with it.
4. The contents of the bag. When Sabrina begins to act up, heavy artillery is used. I put my handbag in front of her. Even though she is small, I have so much of everything interesting for my daughter, she immediately forgets about everything and starts digging into it, getting everything, looking at it, turning it and trying it.