Hello dear mommies! I want to share with you my experience in preventing thrush in the mouth of babies.
Even before pregnancy, after antibiotic treatment, I became acquainted with such a delicate problem as thrush. And when I realized that we were expecting a daughter, in every way I tried to save myself from repeating this unpleasant experience.
Who is to blame and what to do
Thrush in adults and babies is caused by Candida fungi. A healthy person with normal immunity, they are not terrible and can live in peace with us, without causing trouble in their neighborhood. But pregnant women and infants, unfortunately, fall into the risk group.
In newborns and babies, thrush in the mouth is very common. It causes crumbs a lot of trouble. Children become moody, tearful, sleep is disturbed, they can completely refuse to eat. In the mouth, white patches appear and if removed, the mucous under it is inflamed and bright red.
Armed with knowledge collected from all sources, I took up prevention. And as always, I started with myself. Indeed, in this case, sadly, it is the mother who becomes the culprit of the child’s troubles. Since the beginning of pregnancy and after the birth of baby, I try:
– use the means for intimate hygiene with lactic acid
– wear linen from natural fabrics
– do not have a lot of hot
– drink natural yoghurts
– maintain personal hygiene
– avoid stress
– do not drink antibiotics without prescription, and if you have to – I am covering myself with antifungal drugs
I heard a version that the daily can also cause illness.
Since thrush is transmitted to the child during childbirth, a pregnant woman needs to be very careful.
When my daughter was born, a few more items were added to this list. I was advised:
– wash the breast before feeding with a solution of baking soda (one teaspoon per glass of water)
– a couple of times a week, you can lubricate the nipples with brilliant green (for a baby this is not dangerous)
well sterilize bottles and pacifiers
– after feeding, give the baby a few sips of water in order to wash off the remaining milk
The implementation of these simple rules saved me and my daughter from the appearance of thrush.
But if it so happened that the unpleasant symptoms appeared – do not engage in amateur activities, but call a pediatrician.
I wish that only pleasant surprises and discoveries would be waiting for you with the baby.