In preparation for the appearance of the second child, together with the children’s dowry we acquired a large gymnastic ball.
The fact is that when our first-born was born, then both the pediatrician, and the massage therapist, and the neuropathologist strongly recommended that after her mother’s massage, perform several exercises on the ball.
Then there were some problems with the purchase of a large ball and we used a regular inflatable ball, but it did not last long enough.
Why do we need gymnastics on the ball?
The ball is a kind of simulator for the baby. Gymnastics on the ball relaxes the muscles of the back, abdomen, reduces muscle tone, contributes to the discharge of accumulated gas, the development of the vestibular apparatus, and in general such exercises give the kid a lot of positive emotions.
Choosing a ball
Gymnastic ball for a child should be 75 cm in diameter. It should be smooth, elastic, have attractive colors for the baby.
In principle, the ball can be handles. At first, you will simply turn, so that they are on the side and do not interfere with the exercises. And the grown-up baby will appreciate them.
Getting used to the ball
Gymnastics should be started only after the umbilical wound heals. Therefore, the first month of my life I just rocked the baby sitting on the ball. Thus, he was used to springing wiggles. And you can not even imagine what kind of exercise this exercise will give your legs.
About a month later we started classes. Remember that from the moment of feeding should pass at least an hour. Up to about 4 months, during class I covered the ball with a diaper, then began to do without it.
The first time after the already familiar mother’s massage, I put the baby on her tummy on the ball and swayed back and forth so that he got used to the new sensations. Then gradually began to introduce the following exercises.
Our set of exercises
1. Putting the baby tummy on the ball and holding the armpits, swing it back and forth, then left and right, in a circle. The amplitude of wiggling increases every day. You can also spring up a little on the ball up and down. Do not forget to talk to the baby, smile, praise.
2. Place the child on the ball with your back and swing the ball so that the baby relaxes. Now we carry out rolls in different directions. This exercise relaxes the spine of a child.
3. Putting the baby on the ball with the tummy and holding it by the ass, we tilt it forward – the child raises his head. When he lowers his head, roll the ball back.
4. The starting position is the same. We roll the ball forward and give the child the opportunity to touch the floor with his hands. Then we do the rental back, and make sure that he stands on the floor with his entire foot.
These exercises and massage is enough for a child up to 6 months.
Once your baby has sat down, you can diversify the complex, but this will already require a certain skill.
5. Lay the baby belly on the ball. And after he rests his hands on him, lift his legs, as if carrying a wheelbarrow. However, remember, sometimes it is difficult to maintain balance.
6. Put the baby tummy on the ball, after he hugs his palms, take the child by the legs. Rolling the ball back, as if pulling it to yourself, bending the legs at the knees. Roll forward – unbend legs. This exercise is best introduced closer to the year.
We have limited ourselves to this complex, however, the moms and babies who have come to taste do not stop at this!