If your baby can not unlearn the nipples, then you have probably turned over many pages on the Internet in search of useful information and once again convinced that it is useless in your case. Perhaps you are mistaken, and tips can still be useful?
If your baby does not reach for a pacifier because it is too small and does not know what it is, then you should read about how to wean the baby from the nipple. It is possible that you will not wish to teach him to it.
Every woman has the right to have her own opinion on how useful or harmful a nipple is for a child.
What harm from pacifiers?
- In a child, the sucking reflex weakens, separately the desire to suck the breast, because it is much harder than sucking a pacifier or a mixture from a bottle.
- With the nipple in the mouth of the baby gets a lot of germs, especially if the baby crawls or walks by itself.
- The bite changes if the baby is dependent on the nipples for a long time.
- Mental development of the baby may slow down.
Cases where a dummy can be useful:
How to wean from the nipples of children up to one year?
The year is the optimal time for your baby to learn how to fall asleep without a nipple, and without it at all costs day and night. If you can not immediately wean the child, then you should do it gradually: take the nipple from him during the day, when the child is playing, take it out of his mouth when he fell asleep. If the nipple does not come across all the time, it will become less desirable. Know the world around with your child, pay attention to the many things around him. When the baby is fun to play, he does not need a nipple.
If you decide to wean the baby from the nipples, then be persistent in this. Naturally, the baby will cry in the evenings or at bedtime. Give him more attention, play with him and stay close to soothe those moments when he wants a pacifier. The long-proven method of spreading the nipples with all sorts of non-yummy (for example, mustard, lemon) helps only some children. Try this method too. But the easiest way is just to remove the nipple and wait until the baby forgets about it completely.
How to wean a child older than one year from the nipples?
If the child is already one and a half or even worse for two years, and he is still worn everywhere with the nipple, then just the time to wean him from it! Choose one of the scenarios and follow it even if your baby’s requests break your maternal heart.
- Say that at night a mouse, a wolf, a hare or any other animal (preferably a positive one) came and took the nipple for their babies. When his babies grow up, he will return the pacifier. My baby gave the pacifier little mice. He also still gives the same mice and toys, and small clothes. And he does it with great joy!
- Together, bury the nipple somewhere in the park, forest or on the playground. A child is likely to agree to such a game. Then, if necessary, come up with a sequel – a squirrel, a mole or a bird took it.
- You can give the nipple to some animal or even a crying child on the street. Come up with a story and then just remind when the child will cry, that it was he who presented the nipple.
- Smearing the nipples with something tasteless does not affect the two-year-olds. The child will ask to wash the pacifier and will continue to suck it. But the mutilated nipple is unlikely to please him. Make a small hole, a cut, so that the child is not comfortable sucking her. Over time, the defect will increase, and the child will throw such a pacifier.
- With the same success, the nipple can just get lost in the park, on the road, or stay living with friends, grandparents who live very far away.
Any story will do. The main thing is that you have the patience a hundred times a day to explain to the child where his dummy has gone, to endure his whining and to treat temporary crying tantrums with love. The child needs about 5-7 days to release the nipple forever.