My daughter is 9 months old and she still does not walk on her own. But how to convey to the child the danger of walking on the roadway, I became interested in advance.
Before my eyes every day the neighbor’s four-year-old kid who runs on the roadway without a back thought. This is not about central highways, but about the roadway between the courtyards. But even in our area they are quite lively.
Mom scolds and teaches him every day, but there is no result. So how do you explain to a kid that it’s dangerous to run out on the road?
At first it seemed to me that my neighbor (the mother of the baby) was not often enough and clearly he communicates information about the danger. Later, I saw that the regularity and quality of her attempts to find fault was difficult.
Then I thought that the baby should be presented with the method of carrot and stick. The neighbor punished and rewarded him many times, but even that was not a success.
Once I had a situation when the driver of the car, in front of which the neighbor’s kid once again ran, stopped his car, opened the window and made a remark to both the child and his mother.
What else to say?
Two days ago we went with a neighbor from the store. The four-year-old baby fell behind, as usual, enthusiastically collecting twigs and chestnuts. One woman ahead of us asked if this was our baby? Having received an affirmative answer, she spread out the thought on the tree about how she was worried about him, because he runs along the very road.
After these words, the neighbor took her son around the corner and poured him. Then she took her hand and dragged him crying home, at the ready with a stroller with a second baby. On this their walk ended.
The next day, the kid again, as if nothing had happened, ran out onto the roadway during the walk. And the drivers of cars with silent reproach in their eyes looked at us through the windshields.
After this incident, I began to interview my friends and acquaintances, as they explained to the children the danger of the roadway. Below are the methods they shared with me.
Methods for explaining to the child the danger of the carriageway
1. Methodical regular repetitions of the danger of running out onto the carriageway as many times as necessary.
2. Inflate the balloon and throw it under the car. On the example of a burst ball, show the child what happens when a car collides.
3. Find a crushed animal or bird on the road and show it to the child. Explain that the animal was running on the road and that was what happened.
4. Play with your child at home in traffic situations and in the hospital where injured people end up after a collision with a car.
5. Show the child a cartoon Lessons of caution from Aunt Owls. It shows well what happens after a car crashes using the example of a toy robot.
6. Form a conditioned reflex. Punish immediately after the child ran onto the roadway.
7. Show the child a video of the accident. Despite the rigidity of the method, it is important to remember that from ignorance and misunderstanding of the seriousness of the situation, you can be injured much more.
How did you explain to children that it’s dangerous to run out on the road?