When I was pregnant, I attended courses for expectant mothers. During 8 lessons, we were told about everything that a modern mother should know. And one of the topics was children’s laundry detergents.
The classes were conducted by an experienced pediatrician and just an interesting, beautiful, kind woman. In secret, she told us that the current children’s laundry detergents only on the packaging are called children’s. In fact, they consist of the same elements as ordinary adult laundry detergents.
My baby’s health comes first to me. And, as you know, it depends on many components, including household chemicals. And we must be able to understand the composition of laundry detergent, at least in part of the most dangerous elements for the child.
In this regard, some recommendations when choosing children’s laundry detergents, I will share with you today.
Recommendations when choosing washing powder
1. Surfactants in the composition should not exceed 30%. These substances are poorly washed off the fabric of clothing and can cause a rash on the skin of the child. It is optimal if surfactant in the powder composition is minimized or absent altogether.
But, you should know that the higher the surfactant level, the more foam is formed during washing. Do not worry if the powder does not foam, as when washing adult clothes. The amount of foam does not indicate the quality of washing powder.
2. Very good, if the basis of washing powder is a soap solution.
3. In the composition of the baby powder should not be bleach, especially optical. They form a film on the surface of the linen, which can cause a rash in the baby. Permissible oxygen bleach.
4. Not be redundant mark hypoallergenic on the package. Even if your baby is not allergic, it is better to be safe.
5. Pay attention to perfume powder. The smell should not be strong and poisonous.
6. Due to the high demand for children’s laundry detergents, the possibility of counterfeit goods is not excluded, so try to get laundry detergent in large stores or a pharmacy.
7. Do not forget to pay attention to the integrity of the package with detergent and its shelf life.
8. In the process of setting the mode of washing things baby, it is useful to include an additional rinse.
Many parents, when choosing a laundry detergent, do not pay attention to the contents, believing that machine rinsing will rid the clothes of residual powder, but this is not so. Depending on the structure of the tissue, a different number of surfactant molecules remain in the fibers of the fabric for up to five days.
This feature of the powders leads to the fact that the child’s body is in a state of constant poisoning.
Do not forget that the child is in contact with many adult things, such as mother’s underwear, bedding, home clothes. Consider these recommendations when choosing laundry detergents for the rest of your family.
Tomorrow, on the pages of Alimero’s website, I will conduct a review of children’s laundry detergents that are sold in stores in my city and will analyze their constituents.
And you pay attention to the composition of washing powder?