Children are good. But, coexisting with them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you begin to lose understanding of this well and the feeling of happiness. Someone is lucky – he has grandparents. Someone has a girlfriend who can sit with a peanut for a couple of hours. And if … no one? Then you have to take the person from the family – a nanny. It does not matter, for an hour or a day, but this alien woman enters the house. How to protect yourself from possible hazards?
By the way, are there any dangers?
There is. Alas, but babysitters are those to whom we trust the life and health of their babies. And not only physical health, but also mental. I will give only a few textbook examples:
The nanny, deciding to bathe the baby, put the basin on the included hoop. Burn more than 70% of the body in infants 4 months.
The baby was left disabled, very unsuccessfully falling from the highchair, because was not fastened.
Food poisoning due to non-compliance with the rules of nutrition. But what only is one story with a child of two years! The kid died, because jumped off the lollipop sticks did not allow him to breathe! A nanny at this time talking on the phone.
Child abuse. Aunt teaches kissing and stroking her finger. This is such a game. And the big-big secret, which even mom can’t talk about!
As you can see, nothing funny. Everything is very serious. And the increased number of crimes against minors (including those of a sexual nature) are forced to be paranoid.
There are two ways that parents usually go when looking for a nanny:
It is good when a person can provide the coordinates of their previous employers, but you should not trust them blindly. Moreover, it is not a sin to play Sherlock Holmes and ring up all who you can. And it’s just not worth the letters and trust – any friend can roll a couple!
Recommendations of friends, too, should be kept in question. Of course, a close friend is a much more reliable source of information than an unknown aunt on the other end of the line. However, it is worth thinking here: do you and your girlfriend have the same methods of raising children? Maybe for you it is unacceptable to watch cartoons all day, but for her – nothing terrible?
Alas, but the agency is not a guarantee of quality. Believe me, almost everyone is accepted there! And no matter how beautiful fairy tales you would sing, in fact offering you another Arina Rodionovna they often didn’t see her in the eyes!
So what to do?
As I said before, play Sherlock Holmes, or in our case, Mrs. Marple.
Suppose we have a candidate. Let her be called Masha Ivanova. She called, you talked and everything seems to be satisfied. What’s next?
1. Make a personal appointment. It is necessary. You should see the person to whom you give your child. Feel free to talk a lot and even more – ask. Try to confuse the person, ask the same question in different formulations. If the nurse starts to get confused in the testimony – it means that the matter is not clear.
2. Punch through the base. Not everyone has relatives in the police, but everyone has internet. Believe me, this is not enough. We google all available information. We are looking for in social networks, check soap, ICQ, phone search. Does this remind you of paranoia? Let be. But this is how I sifted out dozens of candidates. Do you know why? Because the status of VKontakte I hate children and participation in childfree groups are directly contraindicated for my nanny. Just like a photo with alcohol on the bench of the playground. And the records on the forums this girl hired to wash the windows, stole the gold, it seems Masha, number 8 ******* is not at all uncommon.
3. If everything suits and the story of a person is clean and untainted, turn on the test mode. A joint walk (and preferably a few) when the mother is sitting on the bench and knits, and the nanny performs her duties. Of course, you have to pay, but the child is more expensive, right?
4. If everything is ok, we take a photocopy of the passport from the nanny (by the way, we check the registration). It is desirable that there was a honey book – but this is fantastic. We install on the computer a program for video capture of the image from the camera and set the settings so that the photos are sent to the Internet. All this is not as difficult as it seems. In extreme cases, invite an IT person – once will show how and what, next you yourself.
5. If you give your child for street walks, a child’s phone will not be superfluous. No, I’m not talking about those devices that say the letters and numbers, play tunes and flash lights. I’m talking about devices that can convey the location of the child at a particular moment. You can connect to devices and hear what is happening by calling from your cell phone. On devices, the call from which to your number will be made after pressing one key. And teach the child to press this key!
6. If the nanny is all good, if everything is fine, but your fifth point screams discrepancies and dissonance, listen to her. Your intuition may be much more observant than you. Believe her.
And may you never have to hire a nanny!