In 7-8 months my twins went down to the floor. It is a great time for carpet life. And with it – the most dangerous period of infancy. The period of sockets, buttons and broken glasses.
Small children are a big security issue in the house. You need to be very attentive parents to provide for everything. It would be desirable, that in the house there were no acute angles, heavy statuettes, inconvenient carpets.
Total not to provide, but share with you those by measures, that helped me make my children safer.
First, determine the zone in which the children will be located. It can be a single room, adjoining or the whole house. But I think the house will be explored later, but for now let’s stop at a couple of rooms.
Get on all fours and imagine yourself as a small child. What do you see? What corners do you come across, what can you make out, what can you have for breakfast?
Crawling around the room, I realized where I pull the most. This is a bedside table under the TV, with excellent content: discs, threads, magazines, a box with buttons. This is all I removed immediately.
Then went to turn plugs for sockets. I twisted the handles of the cabinets with scotch tape, and at the corners of the table I made lining of soft wool.
Gradually the children grew and their horizons expanded. From one room they began to move to another, then into the third, and finally reached the kitchen.
It was the most dangerous territory in the house. I had to remove all cutting objects higher, hide the first-aid kit, close the boxes with cereals, remove easily broken objects.
To highlight the importance of these manipulations, I will try to do A list of the most necessary things to do for the safety of children.
1. Check windows and doors. They must have good deadbolts, tightly closed. Windows should always be closed if you leave children unattended. Put locks on the door if you do not want the children to enter forbidden rooms.
2. Check all electrical appliances. Shoot up the cords, put up what you can rearrange. Isolate from children table lamps, floor lamps. The lamp is easy to break, and you can not always be around.
3. Plugs on the outlet. This is a safety method and you probably know it from childhood. I clearly remember these buttons with horns, which I could not manage to pull out of the wall.
4. Lock the cabinets with harmful substances. This may be drugs, household chemicals, soaps, shampoos.
5.Move acute objects. If you can not do this – close the corners with pieces of a blanket or wool. This way you can soften the blow to the child in case of an undesirable fall
6. Check your flooring. If there is a risk of crawling under the mat – stick it to the floor with masking tape. Let not aesthetically pleasing, but safe.
7. Put blockers on the handles of microwaves, vacuum cleaner, washing machine. My children used to spin everything – it is very entertaining, but also very expensive. Home appliances today are not cheap pleasures.
8. Hide the matches from children. In this section, add all the safety in the kitchen. Overlap gas stoves, hide cereals, remove the trash. The kitchen is a great temptation for little explorers.
The period of the first steps as far as interesting, and so dangerous. In order for the child to feel safe, do not be lazy to do a few small manipulations.
What did you do for the safety of your children?